Hot Sauce(s)!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Sauce(s)!

I believe that anything and everything is good with hot sauce; except oatmeal. I dump everything with the good stuff and feel something is missing without a burning spiciness, much to the distress of one side of my family....who puts ketchup on their tacos.....

My favorite sauces can both be found without much difficulty at places like Walmart. They are Valentina, a hot chile sauce that is a must for anything Mexican, and Siriacha, a increasingly popular (I used it long before it was cool :P) thick Chinese sauce that is excellent on eggs and pizza.

What is your guys favorite hot sauce? And no, Ortega does not count......

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Hot Sauce(s)!

Tapatio
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Huy Fong Sriracha on anything Asian-ish

Franks Extra Hot on everything else.

Taco Bell's Fire sauce gets an honorable mention.

Comment

I'm a Sriracha guy as well, except for scrambled eggs which get the good ol' Tabasco treatment.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

BWW's Mango Habanero, but I'm a wimp and can't take the heat too much.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
            BWW's Mango Habanero, but I'm a wimp and can't take the heat too much.
            BWW just switched from Coke to Pepsi.. Shame on them.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Man, that Valentina sauce has a delicious, smokey flavor to it. I don't even like hot things generally, but that stuff is yummy.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am a big fan of the Tabasco brand "Green Pepper Sauce" and their "Chipotle"
                they both add a whole bunch of flavor to anything and I keep several bottles of each on the shelf and in my prep kit.
                I use Cholula when I just need a red sauce to heat things up a bit.
                Sarcoma
                Sarcoma.

Comment

Thought of another one, but again its too damned hot....

Blair's Death Sauce

|

Comment

The local burger joint has two sauces: Masochist and Level 10, they are about on par with the hottest BWW has to offer.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa was always in my fridge.. Until, that is, my stomach decided it wasn't playing that game anymore.

sigpic

Comment

I like Crystal Hot Sauce
                        Viking

Comment

Jeez where's Birdie? He would put up a two page post about his fav gut burners :-)

I'm a Franks Red Hot sauce guy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                            Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa was always in my fridge.. Until, that is, my stomach decided it wasn't playing that game anymore.
                            Yeah I forgot about that one, it is delicious!

I like Tobasco but am unimpressed with everything but their original.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I prefer "Pepper Sauce" over any hot sauce, and pepper sauce goes on everything I can put it on.

I do a lot of my own pepper sauces, none of which "fry your gut" IMO but will leave a long lasting impression on your taste buds. If you have access to a "Spice and Tea Exchange" franchise near you, they have a blend called "Pirates Bite" that has all the peppers I use in my own concoctions.

There is also a standard condiment I keep on hand at all times called "Jamaican Gravy".. there is no real recipe for it.. BUT.. I think I might have posted my base recipe in a forum thread here called Tactical Recipes.. if not, it is on my FB page. The recipe I use was handed down to me right down to the bottle to make it in. It's kind of like a sourdough starter, once you get it started, you keep using it to make more - for YEARS. If I did post it at TG - the same batch is still in use.

I like Tabasco for it's consistency, as well as Franks and always have them in the house. Sriracha IS the ketchup here, although Heinze makes a jalapeno ketchup that I like a lot and actually bought by the case this time last year when it was introduced to give out as Christmas gifts - big hit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X