whats YOUR game of the year... 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats YOUR game of the year... 2013

Only a couple more days left of 2013, then comes 2014...

What is your one favorite game of the year and why, now follow the rules NO LIST, just your number 1 game of the year. ;)

Any type, any platform, as long as it's some time of video/computer game released this year, including major updates/upgrades, like WOW, iRacing, or Steel Beasts, which are both years old but always upgrading.

MINE:

Steel Beasts Pro PE v3.0

The ultimate in modern armor warfare, huge graphic update this version, along with a insane amount of vehicles, tanks, and fighting vehicles, most modeled in detail. Added in 3.0 join in progress MP. Play SB Pro PE as one player controlling anything from 1 tank to a battalion of tanks/vehicles/ and support. Or up to 8 players, 4 in one tank if you wish, or one with their own platoon, or force on force... SP, co-op, and MP all in one engine... truly is a perfect model on how a game/sim is suppose to be, along with a endless amount of game play.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: whats YOUR game of the year... 2013

Either Last of Us or Max Paine 3.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Civ V Brave New World, if that counts.

2013 was not a big year for releases.
      Skud

Comment

Battlefield 4.

Comment

This is a tough choice. However, my final choice is RO2/Rising Storm.

The coordination, 1 shot kill weapons, and game play style have me addicted.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

GTA5 , just cause it made me laugh so much. Its fun to play as well. Although there were a few parts when i had to question my own thoughts on Violence and sex in video games as an art form. I answered myself, " Great if you are a strong minded adult, terrible if you are weak minded at any age." Sorry, but dumb easily influenced people scare me.

Comment

I love BF4 but...ARMA III is my game of the year. By far the best iteration of the ARMA series yet. Some may argue but graphics and optimization have come so far in ARMA III compared to previous versions. And who can argue with a 290 Km2 game world. Sometimes a BF player will ask if the ARMA maps are big. I just chuckle and say yes.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                GTA5 , just cause it made me laugh so much. Its fun to play as well. Although there were a few parts when i had to question my own thoughts on Violence and sex in video games as an art form. I answered myself, " Great if you are a strong minded adult, terrible if you are weak minded at any age." Sorry, but dumb easily influenced people scare me.
                Shane I felt the same way, some of the torture missions made my skin crawl and I'm not know for my empathy.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I like FIFA 2013 and enjoyed a lot playing it.

Comment

I dont rly have a game of the year. None stood out. I'll go with Arma 3.

Comment

Although GTA 5 was awesome, I have to go with The Last of Us. There is not a single thing I can fault in that game, everything about it just drags you in and immerses you in the world its brilliant.

Comment

Showing my predilections but how can a console platform exclusive be in the hunt for GOTY. My personal choice is Rising Storm. Similar reasons as Socom but a WW2 platform that I still enjoy.

And please don't post any more games - I'm downloading Steelbeasts now - I just would have to have every one you guys recommend. LOL
                        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Steelbeasts is $115 and won game of the year in 2000.... what ?!?!?

|

Comment

I haven't really played any new releases for 2013, but there was something I bought this year and it was Gas Guzzlers Extreme. I loved that game and still do. Fast action, fast cars and hilarious voice actors, I recommend it to anyone with a game pad.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Steelbeasts is $115 and won game of the year in 2000.... what ?!?!?
                              2000 was SB... this is SB Pro PE v3.0, same developer and principle but NOT the same game as the original, kinda like ArmA 1,2, and 3... and v3.0 released year is the AWESOME. imo

AND... yes 115... but well worth it, updated for free every few months, upgraded at a small cost... but not for everyone, you really got to be into realistic modern armor combat. You buy CoD or BF every year or so plus premium... it's a deal, once you own it, it's yours a playable for years and years.
                              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X