Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 was a expensive year for the Magnum...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 was a expensive year for the Magnum...

2013 was not a good year for me, and I for one am damn glad it's almost over.

Anything and everything in my house broke or had to be replaced THIS year, no joke...

2012 had to get a new washer and drier

Jan had to replace the dishwasher, 500 bucks
    Feb refrig went out, 800
    June water heater broke, new one 8k
    Dec A/C went out, yes in FL. Need A/C all year, 5k

And then

Good kids collage, out of pocket, 12k
    Troubled kids face break in a scooter accident, out of pocket, 8k
    New, used car, 5k

Hawaii vacation, 8k
    Burglary cost when returned from HI, 3k (replaced stolen items, but subject caught, got most back)
    Cost to kennel my 4 dogs for HI, 1k

Rounded total: $52, 300.00

I only made 72k, wife made 45k.... OUCH!

Here's to a better 2014, at least I have all new stuff. ;)

Oh I forgot, scuba diving lessons for my daughter and I... 800.

Just bitchin out loud, thanks. lol

Happy New Year! ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 2013 was a expensive year for the Magnum...

Sounds like you had a few bad breaks there, Magnum.

Out of curiosity, what kind of water heater costs $8,000?

Comment

That was for the heater, cleanup, (the old one burst and leaked causing damage), and install.... But it could of all been worst, just reflecting on this past year. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Feel for you. Basement flooded twice in a year with the Irene and Sandy storms. I've had to purchase two washing machines and dryers, rebuild my furnace twice, replace my computers and rebuild and restock my aquariums plus remove and dispose of all the waterlogged mementos and personal items and strip the basement walls of sheet rock and mold. I think I found a pocket of flood water just last month in a tackle box I hadn't checked. Ahhh, the joys of homeownership.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Mistake posting I guess, was never posted for sympathy, more for "sharing"... It was 3 in the morning, I was bored, and reflecting...and the song from Joe Walsh came on the radio, "life's been good"... so I thought about this past year. Had a lot of good stuff happen too, and believe me I know it could have been worst, and has been worst for others, lost of home and/or family members could of been worst... and 2014 should be a great year for me.

I need no sympathy, just sharing thoughts... I feel for those who have had it worst then I.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

This is why I'm a avid supporter of a home warranty program, such as American Home Shield, Old Republic, and Fidelity National. I repair appliances for a living, so I see a lot of crap get repaired that would be normally outrageous. Cost is usually about 400-600 a year, or broken down in monthly payments.

Comment

Uh oh Magnum.. I Just had to replace my Washer and Dryer last week.. Hopefully I don't see a pattern forming here with my 2014! Luckily the kids college isn't for 2 years..so I have that.. ;-)
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

You guys work side jobs? I clear 20k a year in side Jobs. Pays for all that unexpected stuff ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X