Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone planning to play "Rust" by teh dude that made Gary's mod? DayZ inspired.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone planning to play "Rust" by teh dude that made Gary's mod? DayZ inspired.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...ressions-rust/

This link is a "alpha impressions" article. The game is currently in alpha, and looks to be sort of a cross-over between DayZ and ... well minecraft.

I'm considering getting the alpha, it's quite cheap at the moment. It speaks to me as I really enjoy most games where you can build stuff in the game-world that affect gameplay. I have not played this sort of persistent-world-survival game yet (not a fan of zombies really).

Well I invite anyone that is interested in this to say word. I don't think it's the type of game you want to play on your own really :p.

Re: Is anyone planning to play "Rust" by teh dude that made Gary's mod? DayZ inspired

I've had the game for a while and only just started playing it again. It's a lot of fun, however there are issue with hackers and maturity of the playerbase, which can make for frustrating experiences in game. You'll definitely need some buddie for this game to be truly enjoyable, and to get the most out of your money. The game is very difficult if your trying to survive on your own. Find some friends to team up with and you'll have a blast.

If anyone does pick this up, add me on steam so we can team up!

Also, remember this is still an Alpha, so there are issues.
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Re: Is anyone planning to play "Rust" by teh dude that made Gary's mod? DayZ inspired

I'm keeping an eye on it.

I heard you can currently not spawn near a friend when you start. I think this might be key to me enjoying it.

If you have any updates you wish to share about the game in the future, always welcome to do it here as well.

I suspect interest to be low on TG unless they do something that surpasses or is much different from dayZ.

Comment

I'm playing it atm along with some other peeps from TG, we got a nice house setup on a pvp server with shared doors and such. I was hoping if we got enough people we could make a castle or something lol.

Comment

Exactly the kind of thing that might interest me vitamin. build fortress, then sit in it for hours becoming increasingly paranoid!

Comment

Ok I have bought it. How do I find the correct server?

Comment

Corpduty knows the server we play on. Since you can't put the servers under a fav list quite yet if you ask him the server name, just write it down. I didn't write it down yet so I can't tell ya lol.

Comment

I've been playing a lot. I'm usually on net.connect 23.239.111.194:28085

Playing as Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let me know if anyone wants to group up.

Comment

i play too! love it!
                  raiding people, people raiding me, running away form people, general nakedness

all good times!

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                    i play too! love it!
                    raiding people, people raiding me, running away form people, general nakedness

all good times!
                    College Dorm Simulator 2014?
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I played with CorpDuty a bit, we had a shack at some point. It's definitely interesting, and has potential to be a ton of fun.

Glad to know other TG'ers have come together, I'll try to join up on the server sometime soon.

Comment

Wow there are so many more people playing!

Is anyone here able to procure us a teamspeak channel to play Rust? That would help us connecting TG players.

I'm currently playing on the a server called Paradox something. Playing with Ironman, Tuffstuffmcgruff, Bulldog, Mirorich(Rage), and Private. The last two are two guys that asked to join us in the game.

A sitrep of our game in the current server:

We now have quite a big metal house in a valley, with all surrounding mansions being friendly. We're connecting the different bases together defensively. Private before he joins us had starter a 100m from us, a noob hote! He's got this incredibly nifty system, where he puts rocks in crates designating the hotel door codes, which he can then change at will. He charges some resource for shelter and the security provided.

We plan on building a structure to organise a marketplace later on, inviting players from all over that want to trade. It should go horribly wrong probably but I just want to see what happens.

Perhaps the other players can also post about their progress in the server they are in. I'd really love to get more of us grouped.

Yesterday private warned us of bogeys on the horizon. We turn around to see a 10 to 15 strong armed posse running trough the hills. Quickly hiding in our houses, that storm passed us by luckily.

PTLDR: Please post server details, number of TG on it, and general progress.

Comment

So I went ahead and created a steamcommunity to also help us link up. I also asked Wickens for help on a TS3 channel. Here is the steamgroup link. I have already invited those of you that I have in my friend list.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGRust

Plz join it!

Comment

Is this worth the full price right now? I'm interested, but I have a lot of other games on my plate.
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say its full price, at what, 20$ or so. That price will go up before it goes down afaik.

All I can say is that to me I feel I got my money's worth after playing it a week and a half. It's hard to tell how it will later on though, nobody has a clear idea of where exactly they want to go with this game. I fact I hope they don't know yet, bc as you play so many possibilities come to mind.

*13 people in the steam group now. I notice I don't have to accept applications for it, so seemingly anyone can join it. I have no experience with this. Any advice welcome. For the moment I plan to leave it open,"public" as it is now, and then make it private after most that are playing already have joined.

+++++
                              God I found a hilarious in-game video. Can't believe what this guy pulled. Excellent example of how creative you can be with this game though. God I felt bad for the dancers at first. In the end I think they Enjoyed it.

Best quote: "I respect you too much, Guinny, to lie to you."
                              Last edited by BigGaayAl; 01-30-2014, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X