Who will be buying Titanfall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be buying Titanfall?

In case you don't wonder down to the FPS section of the forums, I thought I'd post here.

For those unaware - Titanfall is the latest game from the founders of Call Of Duty. Basically, COD style game play with Mechs. The new twist to the old COD formula is that besides piloting the Mechs, the player can scale structures with the aid of a small jet pack. So what was strictly horizontal game play now adds vertical strategy. Titanfall didn't invent this game play but if your a COD player from what ever iteration, this will be a fresh coat of paint.

Here is the site: http://www.titanfall.com/

Wondering about the level of interest here at TG? I know we have had a strong COD base in the past and many of those same folks are still around. The likely hood of a dedicated servers for this game seems remote but that shouldn't stop players from getting together. There has been some consternation about player count in the game - 6 vs 6 matches - the rest filled in with AI, but if buy your games based on player count you should be playing World of WarCraft and not much else.

So who is planning on throwing down the bucks for Titanfall?
    Yes!
    12.50%
    Yes, I've already pre-ordered.
    25.00%
    Maybe, waiting for reviews.
    37.50%
    No. I hated COD and the endless Nazis penis sigs. Plus
    25.00%
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Who will be buying Titanfall?

I might, if they remove the bots from the game, and up the player count. I'm just not interested in fighting vs the AI within a MP map.

Comment

Remove the bots and you'd still have AI that cannot be removed. A pilot less Titan is AI controlled. So even if you upped the player count you'd still be fighting AI in game play. Frankly, if the maps are COD sized, reduced player count is welcome in my book. Having a 12/12 16/16 player game with roughly equal Titans on the map at the same time squeezed within a COD sized map doesn't sound all that fun. You might be right, but from everything I've read with hands on time with the game, the AI issue wasn't even mentioned.
      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
      "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
      - Check me out on The Onion
      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

AT first, I was put off by the idea that the actual player count is small but based on the game play footage I've seen and the idea that the live players actually control a squad each, I've decided to give the game the benefit of the doubt and give it a go.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Slapped my dollars down.........

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed