Keyboards/mouses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboards/mouses

Anyone know any good razer gaming keyboards 1-60 range thanks:) and mouses same range

Re: Keyboards/mouses

For my gaming desktop :p

Comment

I didn't go with razor, it seems they are more lights than anything really. Mouse i use is the Logitech G500 and keyboard is Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard keyboard was 50 dollars and the mouse was the same price. Love how the mouse fits nicely in my hand when i play it. Also the keyboard is very good too. It had tons of reviews on newegg.com. I also got a nice mousepad, really big too. Only if you are interested in it, my mouse glides right over it and no problems, you can also throw it into the washer and such to clean it up.

Mousepad - PureTrak Talent Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad (19x14" Mousepad)
      http://www.puretrak.com/ProductDetai...Code=MP-TALENT

Keyboard - (has over 1,000 reviews from other people)
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191

Mouse - (has 87 customer reviews)
      http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gamin...=Logitech+G500

Comment

If your wondering how big the mousepad is, this is my setup. hopefully the pic will work. I got it from my facebook page :P -

This pic will also show you how big it is, can fit a mouse, joystick and a throttle across it and still have a little more room lol

Comment

I second the recommendation of the G500. I liked my first one so much I picked up 2 more, one for each computer in the house. The selling point for me was the button configuration. In PS2, we have 3 commonly used radio channels so I have the PTT for each mapped to one of the 3 thumb buttons on the side of the mouse. It makes it easy to talk and run away at the same time.

For keyboards, I use the Logitech G110. It's not too bulky and has illuminated keys, a USB port and audio jacks. To be honest though the USB port is so low power as to be almost useless. That said, I'm liking the look of the Sidewinder that Vitamin mentioned. It's very similar to the G110, which may be discontinued and thus unavailabe.

Comment

A couple more mouse options if you're interested - only ones I've personally used. Both are wired and should be the same price range as the G500. For reference, I use a claw grip and I also have a fairly large hand. Do you claw or palm your mouse?

Cooler Master Sentinel Advance II - I've had this for about a year now and I've started to wear through the exterior grip coating, which is kind of lame. I'm not a big fan of how it changes DPI up/down in steps either, but I've gotten used to it. The side buttons are horizontal rather than stacked vertically, which is a downside for me personally, but aside from that the mouse functions great. The scroll wheel is probably the best I've ever used - rubberized, good feedback, not hard to click but not so easy you'll do it by accident, the wheel properly positioned and not too large. Ergonomics are perfect as far as I'm concerned but again, I'm using a claw grip. With a palm grip it actually feels a touch small for me, without quite enough support for the far side of my hand. Precision-wise it has been absolutely flawless, exceptionally smooth. It comes with removable weights to adjust the heft of the mouse to your liking. I prefer a heavier mouse, and with all 22.5 grams of weight in it certainly has heft. Customization is excellent with the Cooler Master software. Excellent support for any sort of macro or script you could imagine. You can also change the color of the interior light and front "headlight" colors to a number of different combinations, which is nice I suppose. Oh, and the braided USB cable is nice. Not that I've ever had an issue with a regular cable, but it's nice.

Microsoft Sidewinder X5 - I used this mouse for four years. After 3.5-ish years of heavy use I partially broke the middle-click button (still worked but required noticeably more force to push one day), otherwise I'd still be using it. Second criticism - the non-rubber scroll wheel isn't the best. Positives - I like the 3-button single-click DPI switch it has better than the up/down switch or scroll/slide switches. I'm also a really, really big fan of the vertically stacked thumb buttons. I find it so much easier to tell which switch I'm on, and I find it easier to move my thumb up/down to switch buttons than to tuck/stretch my thumb to reach normal horizontal buttons. Ergonomically it wasn't quite as smooth as the CM which might effect a palm grip. As I use a claw grip it worked very well. It's a bigger, chunkier mouse than most which is a plus for me and other people with big hands but might be uncomfortable if you have small hands. Precision-wise it was excellent on a good surface but could be a bit picky if you weren't using a mousepad. Removable weights up to 30 grams extra - excellent. It also comes with swapable pads - plastic, teflon, and half-teflon. Together they provide a great ability to fine-tune your feel. For example, I like a heavy mouse, smooth but not slippery. So 25 grams and half-teflon worked great. Comes with a parts container that doubles as a cable anchor. Macro support is good with Microsoft's software.

My keyboard is a Sidewinder X6 which I've used for just over 5 years now, but I don't think they make them anymore. So no keyboard recommendations from me.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I actually have a Sidewinder X6 keyboard too, have had it for years . . . I really like the key action on it. I use a lot of other types of keyboards at work, and I hate them after using this one for so long. My only complaint is that the paint on the S and D have worn off, and the A is about to go, from lots of use.

They are still available for sale. I have been thinking of getting another one, to replace this one, even though I know the same thing will happen to its keys.

As for mice, I still use the 2 Logitech G7 that I have had for many years. They are no longer made(Amazon has a couple new ones that some crazy fool wants close to 300 bucks for), because the charger for the rechargeable batteries are crap, which is why I have 2, after Logitech sent me a 2nd when the first charger stopped working. While I was waiting for them to send me a new G7, I had gone to BestBuy and bought a Logitech MX518, I still use it with my laptop. IMO, it is not a very good gaming mouse, the action on the LMB was and is still iffy, have to press harder than I like to get them to work.

I also have a Naga epic (MMO mouse) which is great for MMOs, but not so much for FPS. It has great action on the LMB and RMB, plus it has 12 thumb buttons that are great for "action bar use".... Not good when playing BF4, when you accidentally hit a thumb button when in combat; throwing a med box at the enemy while he shoots you. Not great for anyone's KDR. :D
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Haven't used a conventional mouse in years.

Mom
                Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                  You play NS2 with that?

Well now I feel like even worse of a player!!!
                  Skud

Comment

I have a Logitech G700s which I got for free from Logitech as my old 3 year old G700 was not holding charge well. A new battery fixed it, but now I have a free new mouse. However.....I love the mouse, the fit is good, buttons are great and durable, and I can side scroll the wheel which is my main criteria all covered, that and it is wireless, but also fuctions as a plugged in mouse if you, you know, plug it in. However, I can not currently recommend it. The drivers are a total mess. The old drivers were brilliant, not it loses my profiles randomly, loses DPI settings randomly, and is a pain in the ass. If they fix this issue then brilliant, but it has been like this since the start, and their forums are full of reports and no fixes.

Comment

I bought me one of these. Pretty sweet so far and no problems. I like a stiff mouse wheel so I don't scroll by the weapon I want and this mouse delivers. + It has the cheesiest video promo ever!!!!
                      http://www.roccat.org/Products/
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a Razer Naga mouse and I cannot live without it. I make extensive use out of the 1-12 keypad without issue playing FPSs. My only problem is that the pair of thumb buttons are nearly unusable for me, but I think that is a finger dexterity issue. I use the buttons for Teamspeak and other no vital uses.
                        Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                          I have a Logitech G700s which I got for free from Logitech as my old 3 year old G700 was not holding charge well. A new battery fixed it, but now I have a free new mouse. However.....I love the mouse, the fit is good, buttons are great and durable, and I can side scroll the wheel which is my main criteria all covered, that and it is wireless, but also fuctions as a plugged in mouse if you, you know, plug it in. However, I can not currently recommend it. The drivers are a total mess. The old drivers were brilliant, not it loses my profiles randomly, loses DPI settings randomly, and is a pain in the ass. If they fix this issue then brilliant, but it has been like this since the start, and their forums are full of reports and no fixes.

I had the same problem every time I updated the driver (I have a G7, always wireless), it is all kinds of whacked out ... I always revert back to an old driver. It keeps those DPI settings I set up, but it always falls back to the default middle DPI setting(3 of 5), of which I use the 2nd one most of the time while playing BF4.

I swear they break something else with each driver release. I still use setpoint480_x64, from before 2011, I keep going back to it, after trying the new driver release. Dont know if it would support the G700s.
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I've used a G5/500 since 2007. They are comfortable, especially since they offer thumb support. Only problem I've been having is my G500 has been double clicking, quite a bit last few months. Also a proud owner of the Sidewinder X4. It is quite good, and responsive. I got mine for $29.99 couple months back on Newegg.

Comment

Another vote for the M570 trackball.

Playing FPS with a trackball has a learning curve but it really becomes effective.

In the other hand I use a G13 pad. Takes some work to get all the keys where I really want them

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X