Starship Troopers demo out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship Troopers demo out...

Hey the movie was great... especially Denise Richards breast... oh sorry... mind wandered...

well anyway... the FPS demo based on the movie is out...

http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0

downloading now and will report my thoughts/opinion.
    ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Starship Troopers demo out...

The book HAD to be better.. and the game can't be good :(

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
      The book HAD to be better.. and the game can't be good :(
      The book is a straight up classic. If you haven't read it, it basically is the best military sci-fi title ever.

Comment

The book is awesome, the film was just hollywood trash. It was made like this : pick a book, grab a few character names, pick a few locations, make a mindless pile of crap using those ingredients. I'd love to have seen MI in their power armour, with insertion via the launch tubes as per the book. The special effects would have been fantastic, and without those ridiculous extras, we'd actually be able to see what was going on.

BTW, anyone know where I can get a copy of the book with the original cover? I first read this about 20 years ago, but I lost my copy and the replacement I got had same pic as the film poster. All well and good, but it's completely contradicted by the excerpt inside the cover.

Looking forward to your comments on the demo Magnum.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          BTW, anyone know where I can get a copy of the book with the original cover? I first read this about 20 years ago, but I lost my copy and the replacement I got had same pic as the film poster. All well and good, but it's completely contradicted by the excerpt inside the cover.
          Check Amazon. All the copies here in Boston are back to the non-movie tie-in edition.

Comment

I played it for about 15 minutes... pretty cool if you liked the movie... if you didn't like the movie... you won't like this, lol, I never read the book, not into Sci Fi... but the movie was great on my 50 inch DLP hi def TV with 7.1 DTS/DD surround Sound, ;)

Real simple, maybe too simple... move and shoot and bunny hop... but what was cool is the presentation...

you start off like in the movie... with a propaganda announcement... then you see the actual movie clip you'll be playing... it fades from movie to your FPS character... and then bug killing time..

Might be fun to do all the great movie scenes once... alot of green bug blood, and red human blood and body parts...

and remember...

"Service guarantees citizenship" lol
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
              I played it for about 15 minutes... pretty cool if you liked the movie... if you didn't like the movie... you won't like this, lol, I never read the book, not into Sci Fi... but the movie was great on my 50 inch DLP hi def TV with 7.1 DTS/DD surround Sound, ;)

Real simple, maybe too simple... move and shoot and bunny hop... but what was cool is the presentation...

you start off like in the movie... with a propaganda announcement... then you see the actual movie clip you'll be playing... it fades from movie to your FPS character... and then bug killing time..

Might be fun to do all the great movie scenes once... alot of green bug blood, and red human blood and body parts...

and remember...

"Service guarantees citizenship" lol
              Sounds to me like I'd be better off playing Aliens v. Predator.

Comment

hey... opinions are like... ;)

Like I said... It ain't Half Life, hell it ain't even Doom... but it's a game set for fans of the movie...

IMO the plot of the movie was stupid, but the bug battles were pretty cool... call me simple... would make a great bargain bin buy... but I got way to many others on my plate as is... so... it's a person choice I guess.... done with it...now back to OFP! ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

If the game is anything like the movie, then your guy should be completely ripped to shreds by a single bug even with the help of 5 friends, within 10 seconds.

Comment

I played it a few days ago, and it's a decent plain out shooter. The weapons are ok, but I find it odd that the shotgun on the assault rifle can kill a yellow bug faster then the heavy shotgun. Also, the framerate slows down to a crawl with more than 5-10 bugs, even on settings as low as they get.

Comment

That's actually pretty sad.

Why did anyone even decide to make this??

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                        That's actually pretty sad.

Why did anyone even decide to make this??
                        Denise Richards. Duh! :D

Comment

Seriously, the MI Book as a movie? A movie about rank and file military advancement and internal monologues as a Hollywood movie? You really would have paid money to see that? Remember, in the book the entire war was in the background, told from an almost non-chalant attitude by the author.

Starship Troopers was a pretty fun "popcorn action flick." Turn your brain off and watch the gore and gratuitous nudity.

As for the game..... nah. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                            Seriously, the MI Book as a movie? A movie about rank and file military advancement and internal monologues as a Hollywood movie? You really would have paid money to see that?
                            I'd pay double to see it...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I already have the full game of Starship Troopers. Only it's called "Starcraft".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X