X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is War mod for OFDR

This is War mod for OFDR ...

Search for operationflashpoint forummotion com t17-sp-coop-this-is-war-2014

Makes Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising into what it could have been but, alas, was'nt ... a cross between Battlefield 2 and ArmA. Been having fun with the AI thats actually easy to use and fights effectively, shame Codemasters never capitalised on the ace coding that obviously did go on in the backrooms of Codemasters on this game. Saying that, the mod LUA scripting could be fixing a lot of things that CM left broken.. It's fun but also interesting from a game development point of view. It shows the gap in the market that there is for an easy access sandbox/openworld tactical shooter with intelligent AI. The AI can be supressed (classic Find, Fix, Flank here) take cover when they are supposed to, and other functions that I found surprisingly advanced compared to other games that claim to have intelligent AI. This mod brings out the functions that Codemasters could have capitalised on but did'nt. Would like to see a commercial or open source game that takes this kind of thing and runs with it.
    Commandante Poet-Soldier -{[Another-World-Is-Possible]}-

Re: This is War mod for OFDR

Thx for the info, the mod sounds great... but the search lead to one post, which had 2 downloads and a exe command file to download, when I went to the download site the first thing I noticed was comments about not downloading this, it had (has) 2 viruses, so I left... too bad, but too questionable and suspicious for me.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12830/...989/?l=koreana
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Certainly right to be cautious ! But I'm only seeing that single virus report. Can't see any others through Google. It's a highly rated mod and I'm not seeing any reports on its Moddb page. Autohotkey scripts are known to compile to an exe that can produce false positives. Search on their forum through www autohotkey com. What can I say ? Never had any problems myself.

Comment

To follow up. I remember now why Autohotkey is detected by many anti-virus scanners. It has a shady history and although people use it for legitimate uses it has been known to be used for hacking, keylogging and that kind of thing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I was about to use AHK for a project of mine but as a result of the above I've switched to another application.

Comment

I plan on firing this game back up and installing island war (This is War). I loved this game when it first came out. I will keep this post updated when I do because I have a dedicated server I can use.
          I was lost, but now I found you in my sights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X