Got my first motorcycle...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first motorcycle...

Ya my friends will be pissed at me for not buying American... was really looking at the Victory, maybe a Harley... but I just liked this bike, figured for my first bike a 750 would be big enough, in 2 or 3 years I can sell/trade up to a big boy bike...

2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750cc

was 8200, on sale for 6k, I talked my way down to 5k cash... (was actually impressed with my bargaining skills, rarely do that, not my thing. Walked out once, owner came out to me in the parking lot... got a free 5 year extended warranty... good for re-sale)...

13hondashadow01.jpg

another plus, my retired police K9 dogs name... Shadow. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Got my first motorcycle...

Looks nice should be great for riding.
    sigpic

Comment

Life on 2 wheels is so much better

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Love the powder coat, looks comfy too. Now time to accessorize :)

Comment

Seem to have a problem on starting out, 1 out of 5 times I stall it... either not enough gas or I take off like a rocket. (noob)

Getting ready to take it out of my neighborhood onto the mean streets of Naples where old people between 60 to 90 still drive.... a lot. ;) I'm a little apprehensive, but I got my GoPro hooked up for the first ride... HOPE I can share it with you later, if I ain't dead. ;)
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Nice looking bike, congrats!

When you start out, do you take a half-mitt of throttle and ease out the clutch? Motorcycle clutches are built to be ridden (within reason). The clutch is your friend in low-speed maneuvers, it's easier to get fine control than with your throttle. (presumably a bigger problem with a powerful 750 like yours)

It works for me, anyway. I've only stalled twice in all the time I've had my bike. :P
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X