No announcement yet.

This war of mine... huh?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This war of mine... huh?

Looks like it could be a interesting game, kinda sad and maybe a side of weird, not sure how fun it could be. Seems like a survival game instead of zombies your surviving in a war zone. Your no soldier, your trying to survive with family and friends. How real will it get? unknown... murder, robbery, rape... collateral damage. I don't know if I like this or not yet. But will follow it.

"This War Of Mine provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle. For the very first time you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout. At night you get a chance to scavenge nearby locations for items that will help you stay alive.
    Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them to endure the hardships. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better."
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: This war of mine... huh?

well thats different.

That's a (sounds like) different take for 11 Bit Studios. They make the very popular semi-RTS tower defense games in the Anamoly series for Android which I've play extensively. I wonder what genre the game will take, hopefully more involved than a simple top-down.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

This game has gotten a lot of attention because of its different take on conflict. I am all for it because I am one of "those" people who feels that some games are just glorifying war and cheapening death.

I like the sound of this game because of it will potentially show the cost of large scale conflict on the civilian populace. Also it will potentially explore a lot of moral grey areas. I hope it does not have some sort of rah-rah ending. Rather, when the fight ends and people are left to pick up the pieces.

I'm pretty excited about this, there's a ton of potential in that idea, and it's definitely a story that should be told. There's a lot of possibility for interesting gameplay too, a new take on the survival genre.

I do hope they're not overly preachy about it though. I feel it cheapens the experience if a game (or movie, or anything) is overly obvious with its message. Focus hard on the environmental storytelling and let people draw their own conclusions. Trust your audience to be smart enough to figure things out for themselves. Go heavy on the grey morality, make people think.

For example, if it starts off with some character's monologue or discussion with some other character about how bad the war is and/or how much better things were before, I'll be pretty disappointed. That's just lazy. Don't tell me these things, SHOW me these things.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed