departing Earth (video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• departing Earth (video)

I just saw this on Slashdot... it's a video of the Mercury-bound MESSENGER spacecraft departing from Earth. It's only a few seconds long, but I think it's fascinating.

To see the reflection of the star we call "Sun" bouncing off this rock is simply incredible.

http://digitalcreations.cc/videos/mdis_depart_anot.mpeg
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: departing Earth (video)

I used Quicktime to play it frame by frame.

What is the flash of light on the dark side of Earth in frame "2005-08-03T20:39:51.783831"?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

looks like it could be light refracting through the atmosphere onto the other side of the earth. I don't know though.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        I used Quicktime to play it frame by frame.

What is the flash of light on the dark side of Earth in frame "2005-08-03T20:39:51.783831"?
        Could just be an artifact of the digital image? I see another interesting small, white flash roughly centered in the light side of Earth in frame "2005-08-03T13:03:51.786412"
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That was certainly interesting.

Comment

Wow, that is pretty amazing. It looks almost computer generated to me at some points. Thanks for posting that Wyz.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
            steve: OMG
            steve: TOO
            root: ****ing hell
            root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Very cool.
              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Bump. Still interesting.

Comment

Creepy-cool :row__518:
                  -- Shroom
                  I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

I think it's computer generated, it looks too unreal

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse