Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visited a hobby shop 1st time since a kid...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visited a hobby shop 1st time since a kid...

I haven't been in a hobby shop since i was a kid, wanted to go somewhere today with my motorcycle, so theirs the excuse.

http://www.sunnyhobbies.com/ (just opened not to long ago near by)

Was quite impressed, tons of great model planes/cars/trains etc etc... and even those old rockets you would build and launch then they would parachute down. Surprised the government has banned them with the rocket packs and all, don't see anyone ever shooting those off anymore... good times.

But I was interested in a RC planes/choppers or something I could hook my go pro up to and fly around, kinda like that Phantom I bought and returned a few months ago, love the product, mine wouldn't even start, company sucks took 3 months to get my money back after a long credit card dispute fight.

I found quite a few awesome planes, jets, and helicopters and even some camera mounted ones... but didn't buy, researching first.

http://www.bladehelis.com/CameraPlatforms/

http://www.helimax-rc.com/index.html

but the real reason for my post... they had a booth up with a display of a PC running Real Flight RF7, it's a PC program that lets you learn and practice flying with a real USB control hand thing... what the hell are they called, lol... and you could buy add-ons for tons of different planes/helo's etc etc... was actually pretty damn cool, good way to learn before crashing your 300 dollar remote control plane... anyone ever try or use this software?

http://www.realflight.com/
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: visited a hobby shop 1st time since a kid...

My Dad got a 300$ Rc copper and on first flight lost it in the woods after he lost control. Still has the remote though lol. Get a quad copter with camera :) Then add a soft air pellet gun mount ;)

Comment

lol, the one I was looking at has a GPS to find it on your iPhone, and auto returns to your start if you lose it or the battery gets to low. ;) Smart RC's now. ;)
      (and it stays away from airports on it's own)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I had a TREX 600 EFL Pro... had being the key word. I wish I could say that I crashed it. Instead I had to give it and my radio equipment up to help fund moving my mother-in-law.

I'll have another one some day... some day.

Comment

You shoulda given up the mother-in-law and moved the chopper.
          OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

I wish there had been much of a choice.

As it is I think we saved her life. Shortly after moving in with us, my wife discovered her mother was having great difficulty swallowing. That turned out to be a state 3 tumor pressing against the esophagus. The tumor has been successfully removed, but the type of cancer has a 50/50 chance of recurrence within the next 2 years.

Comment

50/50 chance of a RC helicopter then.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...