My 1st impression on e3 announcements, what's yours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st impression on e3 announcements, what's yours

After watching all the conferences, shows, and trailers... Here's my thoughts... WHATS YOURS?

In general, minus a few exceptions, if you like remakes, sci fi games, and future games this is your time to be a gamer, if your a slow, methodical, simmer, tactics type, like me...Then not so much.

The only thing I liked about the next COD was the awesome selector grenades, especially the smart grenade selection. No thx for me.

I was looking forward to the division, but the gameplay trailer seemed more action then tactical, whole mags needed to kill etc etc.

My surprise hit is Rainbow Six Seige... That gameplay looked awesome, just hope for a hardcore mode, want more tactics then action.

Still not happy with BF hard whatever, but got the PC demo will play later today.

GTAV is coming to PC, that's a awesome open world game IMO, I played hours on the 360, never had to kill a cop just out run them.

Far Cry 4 looks great to me, loved 3 so I'm happy.

Forza Motorsport horizon looks good for the one, but still no proper wheel support for the xbox one... Rediculous.

Madden and nhl look great for consoles, wish they would make sport games for PC.

I have always liked and played the ea sort golf games, this new version is either cool, or a cruel joke.. Fantasy courses now, using the frostbite 3 engine, in the demo someone was playing on a BF4 map.

What else I miss, most were juvenile type action games, little to no sims or great tactical shooters.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My 1st impression on e3 announcements, what's yours

Oh, dragon age and the wit her 3 both look great, if you like rpg's.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Rainbow Six Siege?!?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

To be fair I've really been enjoying E3 so far but it's my favourite game conference and I've followed it closely for years.

Whilst I understand the disappointment at the lack of simulation/tactical games and share it E3 is a console driven affair by and large, that's where the vested interests in the industry believe the money is. That being said the increased power and architecture of the new consoles means PC will get better ports at the very least as they are no longer held back by ancient tech. As such the vibrant gaming scene is a hugely positive thing even for PC only gamers. Titles like The Witcher 3, Far Cry 4 and The Division are going to shine on decently specced rig so there is much to look forward to.

I thought Microsoft held a really good press conference and struck exactly the right note with their core audience, a little humility and a tacit acknowledgement of the misteps (perceived or real) of the past 18 months. Their decision to steer clear of the subject of Kinect effectively consigned any negative feelings on the subject to history and they focused pretty much entirely on the Games. They appear to be coming to grips with their audience and accepting that they misjudged the market's readiness for some of their earlier proposals. A renewed focus on what matters to gamers, games, should see them gain some ground and goodwill with the public. I also thought the amount they talked about being more open and inclusive with their audience was interesting and indicative of them finally attaining some level of self awareness and just how poorly they have come to be perceived. Let's hope those words were sincere, if so, it bodes well for them as a company and gaming as a whole.

Ubisoft have had a strong showing with The Division, Assassins Creed 96 (or whatever lol) and Far Cry 4 among others. The one that caught many by surprise it seems was Rainbow 6 Siege, although for once I actually predicted something correctly as I had mentioned to a friend at work that I thought they would make an announcement on that front. Really pleased to see that franchise making a comeback and apparently returning to it's roots (at least partially) as frankly R6 Patiriots looked like another last gen, poorly scripted 24 Knock off. Glad that iteration died a death. I've been waiting for the real R6 to make some form of return so I have my fingers crossed for that game.

Other than that there have a lot of other really interesting games shown and I'm looking forward to the rest of the conference.

Comment

It felt really tame to me. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. There were no jaw-droppers and there were no cringers. The things that surprised me the most was when the game designers showed up for the Microsoft conference. Either those Sunset Overdrive guys showing up in that gaudy school bus or Dan Greenawalt from Turn 10 showing up in a Lamborghini Aventador.

The games that I was looking foward to was the usual; Forza Horizon 2, the Halo collection, Assassin's Creed(What sold me was the co-op), Far Cry 4, Crackdown.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X