News from the Elite: Dangerous Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from the Elite: Dangerous Beta

From the most recent newsletter, this is your last chance to get Elite: Dangerous WITH ALL of the expansions afterword for free! The 29th of July seems like the end of the deal that they are offering for the expansion.

It isn't standalone, so if you want the deal, you better get dangerous!

Link for the Expansion Pass

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: News from the Elite: Dangerous Beta

Darkwing Duck...lols.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

A pretty sweet screenshot I made after leaving a station. Looks purty!

[support]

Comment

More screenies I took!

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #30!

I like the ship decals, especially the jungle one(top, third from left) and of course the "'murica!" one.
          I wouldn't want the last one on the bottom, that just screams, "I will drop my cargo as soon as you deploy those lasers!"

Plus we will FINALLY be able to talk to other players ingame once regular beta comes out on the 29th!

[support]

Comment

Great fun playing with Scratch yesterday! It took a few tries to get on to the same server and I had trouble tracking my wingman in the fur balls but it was really fun. Scratch donated some tea canisters to me, two of which I destroyed trying to get them in the cargo hold! 2k credits vaporized... Still, it have me a huge leg up in the game and I'll be sure to return the favour to any new players in game that want a second gun on their starter side winder, for example.

Comment

It was definitely fun [MENTION=47048]CoiledTortoise[/MENTION]!

And soon, for those of you still stuck on the standard beta, you will be able to join us soon! You should have recieved an email explaining that you can now play the single player build! What's more, you can join the multiplayer on the 29th! Yaaaay!

When the standard beta comes out, from what I understand from the beta forums, is that it is going to be easier to work and communicate to each other!

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #31!

This one explains that:
                1. The Premium Beta is going to end soon, which will be followed by the Standard Beta.
                2. If you do not buy the Premium Beta before the 14th, you will have to buy the Expansion Pass to get all the expansions after official release. (However, if you have Standard Beta, you can upgrade until the 15th)
                3. After the 29th of July the Expansion Pass will no longer be available.
                4. The game is slated to be release Q4 2014
                5. Don't get used to not having fuel consumption, they are adding that soon. They also explain how they plan on working that angle.

There are other tidbits as well, but these strike me as the most interesting.

What is also interesting in this newsletter, is how they are going to make stars do solar flares and CME's.
                This is the video that they've put in it:

When you warp into a system you warp up (or hyperspace or whatever)to the star instead of directly to your destination, so this is the view you are going to get every time. It's pretty cool looking already, and this just shows the attention to detail that they are putting into everything about this game.

[support]

Comment

Hey guys! Just made my first video game recording, it's terrible but you gotta learn to crawl before you learn to run I guess! lol!
                  In it, we try to do a little introduction about what we are doing and show you how to play a little bit.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the video of CoiledTortoise and ScratchnSniff0 playing Elite: Dangerous!

I have tried that Open Broadcaster Software, I have to mess around with it a bit, the video quality is pretty bad compared to the original.

[support]

Comment

David Braben just did a Q&A on the forums today, and two things that I saw that were very interesting(to me):
                    1. You will automatically be put with your friends on your friends list on the servers. No more quits and restarts to get on the same server! :-D
                    2. No automatic docking, even on planets. What that means is, that there should be no loading screens, just you flying to your destination and landing there manually. Since they plan for planetary landings to be in one of the expansion pack, you won't get to see that part right away, though that is interesting to think how that will be implemented. It has always been planned to be eventually seamless.

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #32. Nothing too exciting, they talk a bit about the Lifetime Expansion pass, and a couple of expansions they plan on doing. They have a video showing they detail they are putting into the cockpits and interiors, so that you will eventually be able to walk around in them!

[support]

Comment

Newsletter #33. Once again, not too exciting.
                        They mention that:
                        1. You have 4 day until the standard beta comes out and then they stop offering the lifetime expansion pass.
                        2. Screenshots of the new spacecraft coming in the standard beta
                        3. They are adding paint jobs to spacecraft
                        4. A REALLY interesting video of how they are updating the map to show trades routes etc.

And that is pretty much it. Seriously though, if you are going to play this game YOU WANT THE EXPANSION PASS! They are going to add the ability to traverse planets, stations, spacecraft and everything in between in the expansions! AND YOU HAVE 4 DAYS TO GET IT!

[support]

Comment

Okay! They are releasing standard beta today! They haven't put up a specific time, apparently they won't give us a specific time; so it's pretty much a guess that they will release it sometime around Noon EDT.

I am gonna start downloading it ASAP and then I will Twitch it live! There is a TS channel setup that I will try to be in for most of the day if anybody wants to talk about it. And if you have Standard Beta or above, CoiledTortoise and I are planning on playing together that day so join us!

[support]

Comment

So I finally made it back to my computer and found that the Standard Beta is out! Which means it's time to stream! Scratch's Twitch!

[support]

Comment

Done streaming! It was fun, I will probably do this again tomorrow around anywhere from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. EDT.

[support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse