No announcement yet.

I'm sadden too about Robin Williams...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sadden too about Robin Williams...

I'm sadden for Robin Williams also, he was a funny man, and a great entertainer, and a supporter of the troops... but come on already, it's all over, everywhere... what about the 22 vets who commit suicide every day. (from a stat I found via Google, that seems awful high, but you get the point of my post.)

(Didn't want to hijack the tribute/news thread with this.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: I'm sadden too about Robin Williams...

I agree, I see everyone rallying around ending the social stigma associated with depression and mental illness and it bothers me because in a week everyone will be on to the next thing and nothing will have changed.
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

The issue in the US and UK is that realistically, no one cares about the vets committing suicide. Its something people would rather shun and not acknowledge for the most part. Sure you might see an article here, a documentary there but that is it. That is the saddest part.

Hopefully maybe this death will draw attention to the larger issue of depression and suicide but I doubt it will, the media run with it because it gets them ratings, pure and simple.

The whole episode is sad regardless of who dies. :(

Comment

Nanu Nanu .... I hate main stream media, used to misinform, divide, and distract from the real issues. That is what happens when all of it is owned by only 6 corporations. I am sure Robin was aware of this and it is difficult for anyone who has there head not up there rear end to carry. Troops understand this better than most, RIP all of them. Nanu Nanu..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X