BF Moments that make you want to cry!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF Moments that make you want to cry!

Oh man, don't you hate it when you get kicked? Ok, so its near the end of the match, you're doing really well, you're using a sniper rifle, in a sniper slot, on the TG Server. Kicked.

I have no idea why I got kicked. I'm premium, a member of the forums and platoon (very fresh, also funny story) I wasn't doing anything bad, hadn't even messed around in chat.
    Just communicating with my team, providing over watch and taking/defending objectives.

Still totally confounded and honestly very frustrated lol. I am an average player at best and I was doing exceptionally well for my skill level.

Anyone else ever have a hair pulling moment like this? Share the details here! Don't limit it to any one server. Also, no callouts. Just vent, breathe and take it easy.

And no, this isn't to rip on admins or server reps, just to vent some frustration.
    Last edited by Combaticus; 08-14-2014, 08:23 PM.
    sigpic

Re: BF Moments that make you want to cry!

Welcome to the forums and TG in general. What you describe sounds like it could be the supporting member kick. With a full server, players may be removed automatically to make room, I believe you won't see a message on it either. It has nothing to do with how well a player was doing and you're welcome to come right back in.
    Here's a recent discussion you might find helpful:
    https://www.tacticalgamer.com/battle...porting+member

Comment

I figured it had something to do with that and all it well, I was just pointing out the frustration of a seemingly uncalled for kick when you are playing really well.
      sigpic

Comment

Top of the scoreboard, boatload of kills racked up, tons of points and on the way to being MVP for the round. And then, Battlefield forgets how to Battlefield and decides to CTD right before the round ends. *head desk*

Oh, or the times when something really awesome happens in game......and I don't catch it on video because I happen to be NOT recording at that moment. Multi kill streak of carnage? Tricky shots? Epic moments? Nope. But here's a bunch of useless footage of me getting killed or wandering around. That's interesting, right? (I'm not a NVIDIA user, so I don't have Shadowplay - which apparently records the last minute that's gone by or something.)
        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

That shadow play is so great for catching cool moments.

If I'm not mistaken Ati has a similar product as well.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
            That shadow play is so great for catching cool moments.

If I'm not mistaken Ati has a similar product as well.
            I googled up ATI alternatives tonight/last night, briefly, but didn't find much info on anything that reactively records like Shadowplay. However, I didn't really dig too much. I usually use DXtory to record and I get great results. My frames and performance don't take a huge hit like FRAPs and Bandicam - which I've used in the past for some BF3 video plans that I eventually gave up on. The only bummer is that the file sizes can get pretty large and it's not reactive like Shadowplay. I usually let the "camera" roll for the duration of each "life" in game, in case something cool happens. Then I gotta watch back a mountain of footage to find the good stuff. But, what can ya do?
            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

sigpic

Comment

"Raptr", or some such is rolled into the AMD gaming evolved app and supposedly does the same sort of thing as shadowplay. I haven't used it as I went to the trouble to setup OBS which in conjunction with Intel quicksync has close to 0 hit on performance and makes good quality videos.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                "Raptr", or some such is rolled into the AMD gaming evolved app and supposedly does the same sort of thing as shadowplay. I haven't used it as I went to the trouble to setup OBS which in conjunction with Intel quicksync has close to 0 hit on performance and makes good quality videos.
                It integrates with Twitch... You can also record with it and display other things.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I've seen Raptr and the AMD Gaming Evolved app in the Catalyst menu when ever I updated drivers. But I never installed it or checked it out. I think I'm gonna stick with DXTory for now - at least until I finish this BF4 video project that I'm working on. Then maybe check out Raptr. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh, another BF moment that makes you want to cry - when you're about to nail a fully loaded chopper with a rocket.....and the round ends before it makes contact.

Or when you've been stalking a vehicle with C4 or SLAMs and when you finally get close enough to do the deed - a friendly opens up with a rocket and either ruins your element of surprise......or kills the vehicle and you in the process. It's kinda like that scene in Jarhead where Swafford and his spotter are about to take the kill shot at that airfield. And an officer busts in and calls in an airstrike on their target. Same feeling, I suppose.
                  |TG|FullMetalDrummer

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X