Bad News :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News :(

Soo looks like my wife and I are going to be moved out of our apartment, we can't afford to live here and no other place will take us. We getting a hotel room for 4 days then after that hopefully we can find a place to live. The apartment place that we are at right now charges us $1,315.00 a month (elec & gas are not included on the bill, just water & sewage). If we renew the lease again, they will charge us an extra $100 per month again. Every year the rent goes up another $100 per month. So at the end of this week, I'm not 100% sure where we going to be living.

Also I was attending school and was covered under the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill, but I ran out of funds to pay for my schooling so now I'm a few credits shy of getting a 2 year associates degree for CET (Computer Electronics Technician). We could find another place to live, but my wife has a temp job that has been extended for quite a while, and I'm also getting support from the VA (Veteran Affairs) like looking for a job, creating a resume, and helping my wife and I with moving into a new apartment. I'll try to keep everyone updated when I can.

Oh and the apartment we are staying at is a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment.

Re: Bad News :(

Damn guy! Move to Texas!

Comment

would be nice to live there, my brother lives in texas atm.

Comment

No kidding. For that price you can own a 1,600 square foot house and pay most of your bills in Oklahoma.

Comment

Could move to the middle of no-where Pennsylvania. Land is cheap and so is rent, but you end up living in the middle of no-where...

I'll keep you in prayer...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Not that you are looking for advice, but I would complete your schooling at all costs (but don't neglect the wifey) :-). Once that is done, I would find a job where the costs of living are much, much less.

As an example, at least in this region (Boise, ID), a two bedroom apartment is around $600.00 per month. The costs associated with living are also way up in the last decade. Food is about doubled according to Labor Department statistics. So people wonder why they can't make ends meet?

Once you are finished with your schooling, if you are interested in the semiconductor industry (building processors, flash memory, dram memory, I can put a good word in here for you. :-)

Comment

Any chance you can relocate North to NH. You aren't that far away in Haverhill and cost of living is much cheaper in and around, Manchester, for example.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
                if you are interested in the semiconductor industry (building processors, flash memory, dram memory)...
                Someone works for Micron?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                  Someone works for Micron?
                  Guilty as charged. :-)

Comment

Jeez $1400+ for a 1 bdrm in MA? Come to Chicago where you can find 2-3 bedrooms for that price that might even cover all utilities.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well a week and a half has past and still no place to live. think it's our credit scores that deny us to live somewhere. Every place we try to apply to denies us. Don't think my wife wants to move from mass because of the healthcare. Under Mass-health it is free healthcare for her. If she moves out of the state she won't be covered. And she needs the healthcare, I would tell you why but she doesn't like it if I said the reason so I cannot tell you. I think we need to find a place where they won't run a credit check. Not many places we've found do that. We have another place to send in a application in for just hoping we get into it.

Comment

Yeah. That price per month is nuts. It may not be ideal, but there are tons of places that will offer better prices than that.

The "nicer" homes in our neighborhood charge like $850-1000 a month... and they're like 4 bed 3 bath 1600+/- sq ft

As far as credit goes, you should try to find a rental that is outside the main area where you live. If you live near a major city, go further into the sticks... the further you get away from the main town, the more likely you are to find someone who will rent to you without worrying about credit. (Although, they may break your legs if you don't pay).

Mom
                        Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                        Forever Perplexed

Comment

I Second what YerMom says about finding someone with a private rental versus a larger rental business type dwelling. I was in the same boat about 10 years ago. I found a nice couple in a small town nearby that owned a building with three units, one an office and two apartments. They still wanted to run a credit check but after explaining our situation to them and offering to pay a few months in advance (not sure what your cash situation is like) they let us have the place. Perhaps offering to pay a full security deposit on a place that otherwise doesn't require it will help get you the nod.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X