Who's playing Far Cry 4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's playing Far Cry 4?

I'm thinking about getting Far Cry 4. The co-op looks pretty great. Is anyone else playing it on PC?

Re: Who's playing Far Cry 4?

It's a fantastic game.

I don't have it on PC, but I've been playing the crap out of it on the PS4! Last weekend I finished the SP campaign but am still having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. It's quite good! The map editor is also a lot of fun and sets the stage for some very good user developed content/missions.

I got a lot of laughs listening to the radio DJ, Rabi Ray Rana, and some of the stories that come out of his mouth. This one in particular had me laughing enough to save it and upload it to YouTube.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I have it on PS4 as well and will also say its a great game with lots to do, plenty of humour, visually impressive and the coop is a lot of fun. Haven't tried the mp yet but I've heard good things.

Comment

I play it on XB1 and PC... love it... addicted to it right now, and I'm not even caring for the SP campaign... just doing all the side missions, clearing areas etc etc... co-op is fun when you get a friend that drops in, helps you tactically, then drops out... but if you leave it open and some random person jumps in, they usually go off running and killing everything and everyone...friend or foe...so stay with friends.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          I play it on XB1 and PC... love it... addicted to it right now, and I'm not even caring for the SP campaign... just doing all the side missions, clearing areas etc etc... co-op is fun when you get a friend that drops in, helps you tactically, then drops out... but if you leave it open and some random person jumps in, they usually go off running and killing everything and everyone...friend or foe...so stay with friends.
          So when are you going to pick up a PS4? :)

I've not played with the Co-op open to the world, but I have played with Wicks and a couple guys from work and it's been quite rewarding. You can't do any of the campaign missions while in Co-Op mode, but all the side missions are fair game as are the towers and outposts.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'm tempted to get this over Steam on PC, but Ubi's UPlay software is quite terrible and I worry about having problems with it again (like it saying I never bought Far Cry 3 when I bought it back when FC3 came out on Steam).
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I just finished it not too long ago. In some ways, it's a bit of a reboot of Far Cry 3 - in terms of mechanics, style, and gameplay. (Unlocking the towers, outposts, hunting the animals to craft things and the skill tree to unlock skills with skill points, just to name a few things). But I enjoyed it. It sucked me in for a good couple weeks. Apophis is right - the radio DJ is hilarious sometimes. The grappling hook feature is pretty cool. And riding elephants? I did one mission where you had to do that and it was pretty sweet, wreaking havoc and charging at people. The takedowns are pretty cool and pretty brutal. haha. (You unlock those in the skill tree).

The story line was pretty good, even though it was a bit of a rehash from the previous game. You're stuck in a foreign place that's run by a dictator and his minions and you end up overthrowing him. It's got a bit of a "choose-your-own-adventure" aspect to it. Depending on which main character of the rebel army you favor and do missions for, kinda dictates the story and progression in some spots. Which is cool. The graphics are great, if you've got the horsepower in your rig. The animals are deadlier. The rhinos and bears are ruthless and tough to kill.

I tried to pace myself with the campaign by doing the side missions to unlock stuff, but at one point, I got impatient and started marathon-ing the main quest. I spent alot of time in the Arena, trying to level up there so I could unlock the Bushman assault rifle in the shop. (it's a signature weapon - a P416 with a suppressor). There's so much to do outside of the main quest, which is cool. In that regard, the game definitely has some longevity value. The downside is that it was buggy and had a share of issues when it was released. Ubisoft released a few patches since then.

Overall, pretty good game. I'll probably find myself replaying it again in the future, like the last one.
              |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

PC player here Dude. Got FC4 free with purchase of an SSD on Black Friday.

So far I've only played SP. Fun... yes! Agree with the other posts regarding game-play and graphics. The various sounds cracks me up too, and the ability to kill animals, skin them, and use their meat as bait :icon_lol:. While it is through Ubisoft's U-Play, I haven't had any problems running it.

:icon_frow
                |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                sigpic

Comment

I got it through Steam and really enjoy it as all the above have said. It can really make you mad sometimes when you are trying to ambush/snipe a target and get attacked by a bear or something. Or just walking down the road and get steamrolled by a rino. It seem a little pricey but the amount of time you play this game makes up for it.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    PC player here Dude. Got FC4 free with purchase of an SSD on Black Friday.

So far I've only played SP. Fun... yes! Agree with the other posts regarding game-play and graphics. The various sounds cracks me up too, and the ability to kill animals, skin them, and use their meat as bait :icon_lol:. While it is through Ubisoft's U-Play, I haven't had any problems running it.
                    I got it last night (as a reimbursed Christmas present, lol) on Steam for $48 on sale. It's still on sale if anyone was considering it.

Zip-- I'm about to get it installed. Let me know if you want to give the co-op a try later!

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    I'm tempted to get this over Steam on PC, but Ubi's UPlay software is quite terrible and I worry about having problems with it again (like it saying I never bought Far Cry 3 when I bought it back when FC3 came out on Steam).
                    I see through Steam that you went ahead and got it. Same to you about co-op!
                    Last edited by SuperDudeBT; 12-25-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Funny what Far Cry 4 will do to you, same thing 3 did to me for a while... when I'm outside and I see a bird, I watch it to see if it will attack... same when I see flowers or plants I wonder if I should pick them... I see a garden hose and I wonder if it's really a snake... seriously. ;)
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                        I got it last night (as a reimbursed Christmas present, lol) on Steam for $48 on sale. It's still on sale if anyone was considering it.

Zip-- I'm about to get it installed. Let me know if you want to give the co-op a try later!

I see through Steam that you went ahead and got it. Same to you about co-op!
                        Yep, I have it now. Went and got the gold edition since it was 33% off. Hearing Markolh talk about it this morning got me more and more pumped about playing it. Ended up spluring after I couldn't convince him to gift me a copy. :p

Still want some co-op later this week/next week!
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If I remember correctly, you have to play a little of the campaign before the co-op unlocks... then a friend can come and go as needed/please. Now none of the actual campaign movement missions can be done, but hell it don't matter, I'm not even doing the campaign missions in SP yet, too much fun doing all the side missions...which friends can help with.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            If I remember correctly, you have to play a little of the campaign before the co-op unlocks... then a friend can come and go as needed/please. Now none of the actual campaign movement missions can be done, but hell it don't matter, I'm not even doing the campaign missions in SP yet, too much fun doing all the side missions...which friends can help with.
                            Ok. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I only just got to the safe town with the allies. Add me on Steam if you want to join up on it.

Steam Community :: SuperDudeBT

Comment

I'm not there yet either. Maybe sometime this weekend I'll be there.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X