TacBF TvT event ArmA 3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacBF TvT event ArmA 3?

How many of you remember the PR:ArmA days? We have been itching to get a TvT game running in ArmA for a while. I know some of our PR guys have been organizing some TG folk to play now and then and a few other players have been asking about doing a TvT event as well.

I have done a bunch of looking around at different scenarios and it appears that the TacBF mod is a really well made and polished experience. Some of you have helped me explore some of the different missions and things out there and have likely been waiting a while to see if there was going to be any fruit off this tree.

So, my question to you is, if we run an event starting on a Sat night and go into Sunday is the weekend of the Jan 24th or 31st better? I don't want to have a conflict with any events you TG TvT fiends may have already. It would be vital to have a good showing of TG members.

I'm working on what other mods would be required now and will have more information as we do more research. It will likely involve CBA, TacBF and RHS (both US and Russian).

Honestly was giving it a good look over this am and it is very very impressive. Thoughts? Questions?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TacBF TvT event ArmA 3?

Alan from the TacBF team here, my role is community liason. I played a little with you guys a while back. This stuff is right up your street gents, you should really really give it a go and we would love to play with you. Unki I believe you have already been in contact with Gunther, and I'll also help you guys in any way I can too.

If you feel like trying it out our server is located in Europe (we have yet to break ground stateside). Recently it has been very well populated, so I think you can swing by any day, usually it kicks off proper at around 17.00GMT. I can't link it due to post URL restrictions, just filter TacBF in game or in playwithsix.

We have a playwithsix collection, URL restrictions again, filter for tactical battlefield.
    That has everything you need to get on the server. JSRS is optional, as is taskforce radio (but nearly everyone uses it), everything else is pretty much mandatory.

GURU 951 has a introduction on youtube to get you through the basics
    Check out his other vids to see some gameplay.

I'll be on the server most nights, if you have any questions or just want to join my FNG squad so I can show you the ropes just catch me in the teamspeak: ts3.tacbf.com

Edit: I have apparently been sailing close to the wind regarding the rules about advertising other servers on the forum, I hope that the spirit of my post wasn't taken that way, just a place for you to try the mod. We would be freaking ecstatic if you guys had a US based server of your own and would support you in any way we could.
    Last edited by Alan.rio; 01-06-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I'm very interested in this. I'll be downloading TacBF today to give it a try.

Comment

Alan, welcome back to our forums buddy. PR:Arma events were hectic so sorry I don't remember you specifically...and that was a little while ago.

TG'ers, If your giving it a try then catch me in TS! I'll be holding off the event date as I thought more were aware of how great this mod is doing. There are several vanilla TvT offerings out there and several mod types that are more role play than full on TvT AAS. I think there is now the appetite for more vehicles and features that are only possible with mods.

This collection while big really blows the doors wide open for possibilities and so far the missions I've played have lived up to the big expectations that creates. We don't need to go the route of using the massive terrain pack and the missions that go with which reduces the download as does leaving JSRS out as well.

Anywho, there are possibilities to explore before the event so give us a shout here and in TS if your interested in hearing more or trying it out with us. I might have a little secret something something to spool up if it helps get this event seeded.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Got in a few hours of TacBF today. I'm impressed both by the work that's gone into the game mode and the quality of players I encountered. Had a great time.

My first mission was at night in the woods of Altis. My squad rolled up and secured one objective quickly, then moved to the next one. As we fanned out from the MRAP we were ordered to shoot out the lights. Surpressed shots rang out, lights broke, glass was falling... Someone yelled "I'm hit!" Confusion abounded. Was an enemy nearby? Was it Friendly fire aimed at lights?

A minute later PKM and AK fire was coming from EVERYWHERE. Through NVGs USMC and Russian uniforms look eerily similar. In the confusion I ended up in a bunker for a minute with two OpFor and neither they nor I realized we were on opposite sides. Fortunately i realized first, dropped a frag and dove behind a wall :)

I took a hit from somewhere, either from my own frag or incoming bullets I'll never know. I managed to crawl into a building and bandage myself. As I set nursing my wounds I heard friendlies yelling about an APC in bound and then heard the engine as it roared in. I climbed the stairs, crawled to be edge where the APC approaching. I peak over and saw enemies dismounting. I dumped a mag in their direction and crawled back down stairs. I guess they didn't know where the fire came from, I heard them pick up their wounded and move to the sandbags in front of my building. After a couple of tense minutes (hours?!) of watching the door and listening to the OpFor talk just outside the window I decided to go big or go home. I popped up, ready to go full auto, and saw four helmets looking away! I drop two of them in one burst, the others ducked, so I chucked my last frag. One of them got away, and stormed the building. He managed to win the exchange of fire and I bleed out.

That all took less than 15 minutes. It was one of the more intense Arma firefights I've had. Sadly my Nividia Shadowplay screwed up and didn't save the video :(

Bottom line, TacBF is fun - try it! :)

I spent awhile driving around in an APC

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post

I spent awhile driving around in an APC
            *cough*

Comment

Sounds interesting. I will check it out. Are these the same guys that did the old BF2 Tac mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
                Sounds interesting. I will check it out. Are these the same guys that did the old BF2 Tac mod?
                Hey Bear, as far as I know none of the team worked on the BF2 mod, but the team leader, Dr.Eyeball was on the Project Reality:Arma2 dev team.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan.rio View Post
                  *cough*
                  Ok, ok. I was "being driven around by an extremely capable driver, whose knowledge of the game and skills behind the wheel were unsurpassed."

Is that better? ;)

P.S. I was going to write about my APC adventures with Alan, but couldn't seem to tell it in an interesting way. I missed removing that one portion and didn't even see it when I reviewed my post :) I will say this for TacBF vehicle combat, the always on Thermal, easily kill all infantry before they have a fighting chance experience in vanilla Arma 3 DOES NOT happen! All thermal scopes are gone, so driving around in an APC or tank requires constant vigilance against AT, mines, and explosive wielding EI. I've seen guys crawl up on tanks with a satchel both day (in thick foliage) and night and destroy them.

Comment

Planning is going well for this event. Some technical details are being ironed out regarding configuration and missions in the background. We have started posting more information regarding Tactical Battlefield over HERE in the Armed Assault forums.

Check for the channel in TS for updated links to get content and options to try out our test server. If it's not running send me a PM on the forums and I'll get it running ASAP. Some TGers have been learning the ropes of leading and so forth over at 24-7 TacBF Official server in preparation for our events. Learn your "interaction" keys before you get in game. Learn how to deploy from base. Learn how to join a squad....it only takes a few moments. Take advantage and do so sooner than later! Do you have a few players who want to spool up a mini-round prior the event...again PM me and we can make it happen!

We don't want to conflict with other existing TacBF events either so we are going to move the day to include a Fri night-Sat combination to hopefully pad out our players. More info will be forthcoming.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                      Ok, ok. I was "being driven around by an extremely capable driver, whose knowledge of the game and skills behind the wheel were unsurpassed."

Is that better? ;)

P.S. I was going to write about my APC adventures with Alan, but couldn't seem to tell it in an interesting way. I missed removing that one portion and didn't even see it when I reviewed my post :) I will say this for TacBF vehicle combat, the always on Thermal, easily kill all infantry before they have a fighting chance experience in vanilla Arma 3 DOES NOT happen! All thermal scopes are gone, so driving around in an APC or tank requires constant vigilance against AT, mines, and explosive wielding EI. I've seen guys crawl up on tanks with a satchel both day (in thick foliage) and night and destroy them.
                      Much better!
                      To be fair, for TacBF that was an exceptional run for an APC in the thick of it. Usually the APC has a pretty short life span unless it is on a hill 1500m away from the AT infantry.

Comment

I have heard the 12th is staying away. I guess they are afraid off some real opponents.
                        TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Friday the 13th! We're back!
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by woesterudolf View Post
                            I have heard the 12th is staying away. I guess they are afraid off some real opponents.
                            Hahaha ya, that's funny coming from an Arma guy. ;) Prepare to be Dragooned!

Comment

Uh oh, somebody poked the Bear!

Just an fyi here....we kinda have a big announcement....HERE.
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X