Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The glorious coming of Jake, but that's Mr. Jake to you ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The glorious coming of Jake, but that's Mr. Jake to you ;)

Hi there!

Well, I have been on the search for a mature community that also discusses both PC and Console gaming. The combination of all three is not an easy thing to find and even when found, the size of the community is typically rather small or they say that they support all platforms, but that's because they have two or three people commenting on the occasional PC game and everyone else is on Xbox or PS... or vice verse. So, I though that this community showed promise and seems to hit on all of the criteria that I was looking for!

I am playing many games off and on (when my schedule allows) on both Xbox One and PC, but what I spend most of my time doing is developing my Star Citizen Community (let me know if you would like to hear more about that). If anyone is up for some Robocraft, Halo 5 Beta, Arena Commander or Heros & Generals, I'm down. I don't want to say that I have no shortage of friends and networks on PC, because the more the merrier, but I do have more options of people to play with on PC than I do on Xbox. So this would be my main reason for joining the TG Site. Ideally I would like to meet more like-minded people to play Xbox games with; I only really have one person that I play console games with (a long-time friend, since middle-school) but he feels the same way and wishes to broaden his horizons on Xbox as well. He may very well join this community as well, we'll see. Also, we are both very much into the console-classics, like on NES, SNES, Game Cube, etc. We cut out teeth on games as old as Pong (probably like many of you).

Aside from gaming, I work as an IT Systems Administrator, I live in the US (Central Timezone), have a fiance and a little baby girl on the way (in April!), and enjoy long walks on the virtual-beach on my Oculus Rift Headset.... well I would if I owned an Oculus...

Pleasure to meet you all, see you around!

Cheers,

Jake
    sigpic

Re: The glorious coming of Jake, but that's Mr. Jake to you ;)

Love the thread title. Welcome to TG! I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for! Other then Star Citizen, what're some current PC games you're playing?
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Currently just Robocraft and Heros & Generals :) I have Shadowrun, Kenshi, and Banished as well, but haven't played them in a while. How about you?
      sigpic

Comment

Currently playing BF4. Eagerly awaiting the release of H1Z1. If you haven't already, be sure to hop on TS to find out what people are playing.
        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

H1Z1? Been out of the loop, but that sounds like a game about a flue epidemic rather than a zombie game...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Welcome, man.

I had noticed some of your recent postings, wasn't sure if you were new or some long lost wayward son of TG making their return. :)

I suppose if I ever checked the forums any more on something other than Tapatalk, I would have seen your post count. :)
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Robocraft...ooooh. That looks like something I should be playing. Admitted Minecraft addict here. :)
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                Welcome, man.

I had noticed some of your recent postings, wasn't sure if you were new or some long lost wayward son of TG making their return. :)

I suppose if I ever checked the forums any more on something other than Tapatalk, I would have seen your post count. :)
                All good brother, thanks for the welcominz!

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Robocraft...ooooh. That looks like something I should be playing. Admitted Minecraft addict here. :)
                Yah, it's friggin' rad...

Originally posted by CorpDuty View Post
                Currently playing BF4. Eagerly awaiting the release of H1Z1. If you haven't already, be sure to hop on TS to find out what people are playing.
                Thanks for the invite, I'll be sure to check it out!
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X