Need a new headset!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new headset!

So after months of botch jobs putting my Logitech G35 headset back together ( huge amounts of electrical tape and super glue) the buggers have finally given up on me. So looking for recommendations for a new pair. I won't be buying them right away as I just got back from Thailand and I'm unemployed so bank balance is about 0.70 at the moment lol. But if anyone can recommend me a pair, it'd be alot of help. My price maximum is about 50/$80 may be able to go abit higher depending how soon I find a job!

Re: Need a new headset!

I looked into it recently and decided on buying the Corsair wireless ones, 2100 I believe is the model number. Seem to have better reviews / be built a little better than the Logitech wireless ones.

I don't own them (yet), this is just based on the last couple headset threads here at TG, plus doing a little research online.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I got a pair a Plantronics GameCom 780s for around 40$. They have the comfort of the G35s but actually can handle a fall, and since it's not Logitech you don't get Logitech's patented Self-Tangling Wire. The only thing it doesn't have is all the extra software that would come with a Logitech. You get 2 options with these, Surround Sound On or Surround Sound Off.

Comment

Logitech G320--feels nice and has decent stereo sound. I believe the next version of it has simulated 5.1 or 7.1.

Normally around $50 to $70 US Dollars, so it definitely would fit your bill.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Jinxed myself, tripped and kicked those things 5 feet.

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions guys I'll check them all out! Good old fool hardy axis, how much vodka had you had when you did that!?

Comment

None, just went to walk away and the wire snagged on my foot, still works though. Just had to gorilla glue it back together, coincidentally I no longer need to worry about my mousepad moving ever again.

Comment

^ See, see! This is why I'm going wireless this time around. Plus I figured I can go get a tasty cold delicious adult beverage without missing any comms. Or even just lean back however far I want in between rounds, without having to worry about being tethered to my machine.

But the wireless models are a few more dollars, maybe just over your budget. But you said you might consider going over, so I suggested them anyway. Looks like they are $89.99 right now at Best Buy, with free shipping.
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have the Logitech G930 wireless headset, but it's $100. I like it a lot.

Comment

I have my tried and true "Fatality" Headset. Actually my second one because my son ate my first mic when he was young :-)
                    sigpic

Comment

Here are some great vids from Tek Syndicate that address this very issue.
                      BLUF(bottom line up front, encase you dont want to watch videos)
                      DONT BUY GAMING HEADSETS, they SUCK. Watch the videos!

I REPEAT, WATCH THE VIDEOS AND SAVE SOME MONEY!!!
                      no, really...watch them before you buy anything. I truly wished I had. I would have saved myself $50 and been happier for it.

these are very recent uploads, hope these help, wished I had seen them before I spent $100 on my Corsair H2100s. Although I do love having wireless headsets

one more time, for the people in the cheap seats....

DONT BUY GAMING HEADSETS.....they are a joke. WATCH THE VIDEOS
                      Last edited by Beinseth; 01-11-2015, 10:17 AM. Reason: for emphasis, I MEAN IT...WATCH THE VIDEOS..not sure I can stress this enough

|TG-IRR|

Comment

:row__584:
                        sigpic

Comment

That is my setup, the Mod Mic on my favorite most comfortable best sounding headphones. Best of both worlds.

Comment

I would just like to add, that I've done a fair amount of reading on this topic, and that's not the first time (not by a longshot) that I've heard "gaming headsets are crap, get a good set of cans and attach a mod mic."

Great, informative, and timely videos Bienseth, thanks for sharing.

I wanted to ask you though, since you actually have the 2100s, how do you like them? Or what don't you like about them? Do they really sound that bad? Poor build quality? Because now I'm torn. I'm not sure if I want the mobility of wireless, or the quality of some decent cans + a mod mic.

I'm not an audiophile, and I don't even know if I could tell the difference.

Comment

Randy,

My 2100s sound alright. I can only compare them to the Sound Blaster Tactic3d Alphas and some cheap headsets I had before. The Alphas had better bass response, the 2100s have a lower volume threshold. I like listening to music loud, LOUD. I dont want heavy bass, but I do like some. The 2100s never get REALL loud and the bass is kind of flat. Otherwise, they sound good. The surround sound makes this volume issue even worse. Once you have turned it on through the software, if there is any heavy bass the speakers will crack and pop. If the volume is turned up more than moderate, they sound almost like crappy headsets. The upside is a lack of wires. I was constantly running over my headset wires, so I like having wireless headsets. The battery life is good, I would say about 6-8 hours. Corsair claims 10 hours but I am assuming this is based on mid level volume usage. The mic is good, I havent had anyone complain about sound or volume issues with it. It doesnt sit right in front of your mouth, which I like. I would hazard a guess that it is not as good as the one in the Tek video.

All in all, if I had not watched the Tek videos I would say it was $100 well spent. Having watched the videos, I feel cheated.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X