The all new FORD GT (video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The all new FORD GT (video)

I wanted one, until I read it was a V6... that's just un-American... never mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1F_A0snpEE

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: The all new FORD GT (video)

But does it do Pandora?
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

How does a 6 cylinder really affect your buying decision when it comes to a sports car? It goes fast, has a good get-up-and-go posture, etc, right? Who cares if it has 4 cylinders or 50 cylinders. It's not like you're gonna be hauling anything other than you and perhaps a friend/significant other.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

you obviously have no knowledge or love for American muscle car history... it's the point that ALL American Muscle cars should be at least a V8... imo. ;)

BTW, Forza Motorsports 6 has been announced for the XB1 featuring this car.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          you obviously have no knowledge or love for American muscle car history... it's the point that ALL American Muscle cars should be at least a V8... imo. ;)

Ya know, I agree with you about 80% here, but I also realize that I'm 80% wrong. ;)

I love a nice V8. And you're right, in an American muscle car it's pretty much something you MUST have. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure I'd buy another V8. I'm quite happy pulling 380HP out of an in-line 6, knowing that with a couple grand I can bring that up to 500HP out of the same in-line 6.

These days, the power to weigh ratio is what I'm interested in. If I can increase my HP per ton by using fewer cylinders with less weight, I'm all for it.

Oddly enough; it's a lot like automatics these days. My IDENTICAL vehicle in a 6 speed manual is slower off the line, slower to 60, and a slower top speed than my 6 speed automatic.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I can agree with that...EXCEPT... I'm talking about history, and what a Muscle Car means to me... and if your buying a Ford GT, I don't think your worrying about extra cost. ;) I know a 6 can be just as fast and /or faster... my point is... well the point. ;)

All I know is that when I get it in FM6, the first thing I'm doing is upgrading it to a V8. ;)
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I can agree with that...EXCEPT... I'm talking about history, and what a Muscle Car means to me... and if your buying a Ford GT, I don't think your worrying about extra cost. ;) I know a 6 can be just as fast and /or faster... my point is... well the point. ;)

All I know is that when I get it in FM6, the first thing I'm doing is upgrading it to a V8. ;)
              I agree... Even with your exception, because I'm in the same boat.. A muscle car NEEDS to be a V8, but it shouldn't be.. :)

And we're talking pre-1972 V8, not post 1971 smog-equipped. ;)
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

If what you want is an old car, buy an old car. ;)

Or if you want throwback styling, a V8, and ludicrous speed from a new Ford, they did just announce the GT350R as well...

I don't recall anyone complaining about the original GT40 being mid-engined, isn't that a travesty against the 'pure' muscle car design as well? Heck, the new GT isn't even the first Ford GT to have a V6! (The GT70 did in the 70s)

To me, the Ford GT program means innovation and beating the pants off European manufacturers at their own game. Specifically that it DOESN'T keep everything the same as it was before!

So as for me, I just hope the thing handily outpaces a 458, and that they enter it at Le Mans. Imagine if the Corvette and the GT swept all the top spots in GTE... that would be spectacular.
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

The all new FORD GT (video)

This will be fords first production twin clutch trans too. That's what I'm most excited by.

2016 will be mega for ford. Focus RS, GT350 stang and the GT.
                  Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

What Coug said, those trams clutch the twins pretty hard. 3.5 litre of horses giving it a badass 600 turbos. I would prefer a V8 though, why would someone want an outdated engine is beyond me. All I know is that it's gonna vroom like a champ.

Comment

Wait a second...are you saying this new Ford is a muscle car? I sure as hell doesn't look like one.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have one thing going through my mind--what is the gas millage and is it better that 2...

Magnum, you seem like a Ford guy. If you had the money, what would you buy instead?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Always been a FORD guy, I've owned 3 Mustangs...all V8's. ;) I would take any of those old Fords over todays cars... but if I could afford it. I would just like a new Shelby Mustang 500, or even the 350 BOSS.

But in the last 3 years, since I've been going to races and into car racing... IE: went to both 24 hours at Daytona and 12 hours of Sebring last year, I've been falling in love with the new Chevy's both the new Vette and even the Camaro's... which are well represented at these races.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X