Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Change My Online Handle (aka In-Game Name)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Change My Online Handle (aka In-Game Name)?

First off I've had my current online handle for well over 10 years and up until recently it was unique. However, I've noticed several nicknames have replaced my name amongst the regulars here at TG in lieu of their inability to pronunciate my name. It was funny for a while, but being constantly referred to by some as "anus" really is starting to grind on my nerves (most notably [MENTION=8330]Dirtboy[/MENTION], though others also come to mind).

So I've considering this somewhat seriously and am thinking of changing my handle to: SquirrellyAcorn. I feel this still gives me a rather unique name and retains some cuteness factor that I personally find enjoyable (and thus can create some interesting signatures for).

What do you guys think? Should I do a name change?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Should I Change My Online Handle (aka In-Game Name)?

Nah don't change your handle just cause others can't handle it. Just tell them what you preferred to be called. If they are not mature enough to do that, do they belong in TG?

Besides, you've made it quite easy for them:
    Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas in his signature.
    Though if you do change it to that and when you get killed in games I can say, "Squirrelly no!" :D

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

"OMG . . .They Killed Squirrelly" (said SouthPark Style)

Comment

Acreo no!!!! It's taken me so long to get it right don't you dare change. Besides, you shouldn't change cause some people can't words pronounces gooder. It's your handle man. I would never dream of changing "Dredge" it has become a symbol of my online persona! It has come to inspire fear to hundreds. SERVER DWELLERS BOW WHEN THEY SEE MY NAME JOIN!!! Ahem. So. Yeah. What was I talking about? Oh! I love pizza. That's it....

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          Acreo no!!!! It's taken me so long to get it right don't you dare change. Besides, you shouldn't change cause some people can't words pronounces gooder. It's your handle man. I would never dream of changing "Dredge" it has become a symbol of my online persona!
          Ditto on that!

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          It has come to inspire fear to hundreds. SERVER DWELLERS BOW WHEN THEY SEE MY NAME JOIN!!! Ahem. So. Yeah. What was I talking about? Oh! I love pizza. That's it....
          More like they are going prone to get that easy shot! lol! :D .........can I have some pizza too?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
          [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
          [support]

Comment

Of course you shouldn't change, unless you yourself want to.
            sigpic

Comment

Keep it! I dont feel offended at all when someone corrects me when I pronounce something wrong. IE Rudolph aka Woesterdolfalsdlkamf lol

Comment

How many times have i to say to people to call me Mark instead of "markov, Markol, Markoth... etc ".

Just keep your name and force them to say it right with a face full of lead all the time :P
                |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
                BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
                Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

LOL it's Dirtboy! Enough said! :) Keep it!

Comment

Man don't change it. People mispronounce even my name, but whatever. They say AEnon or Aniin or AAnon. It's AnonBot like Anonymous-robot. The Anon is like Anonymous yet they pronounce it in very strange ways. It's really simple yet quite often it is mispronounced too. For me I normally just say Acreo and leave out the last bit because it's easier to say quickly when playing. I say keep it.
                    pew pew

Comment

Dirtboy would find a way to mispronounce your new name.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                        Dirtboy would find a way to mispronounce your new name.
                        Darn, think you is right on that. He would find new (enjoyable to him) ways to mispronounce my new name anyways.

:) At least there seems to a general consensus for me not to rename myself. I'll listen to that consensus and keep my current handle. Thank you everyone!

Edit: Drats! The forum stopped me from thanking everyone with +rep. Guess it doesn't like my homebaked cookies after all!
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X