Running with Rifles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running with Rifles

"RUNNING WITH RIFLES is a top-down tactical shooter with open world RPG elements. In RWR, you join the ranks of an army as a common soldier, just like the thousands around you. "

Up until a few days ago I had never heard of this game. I was browsing through Steam and happened to stumble across it.
    It is still in early access at the moment (due to be a full release "early 2015"), but for the full NON sale price of 10.99 ($14.99) I figured I'd take a punt... I was pleasantly surprised.

This is a fun game, something you can pick up and play whenever you want. I've initially been playing multiplayer co-op to get a feel for the game,
    but just 6 hours of playtime in I can see there is more to it than meets the eye.

There is a ranking system, as you gain XP you gain ranks which opens up access to more tools/equipment and AI squad members.
    The enemy AI can be pretty smart at times too, often trying to bait you out of your cover before mowing you down.

The Maps are quite large and from what I have played so far, "sector conquest" in style,
    you secure one area before moving onto the next, bringing up supply and respawn trucks as your team sees fit.

What this game really lacks, is players... I guess its just a publicity thing, I mean I had never heard of it so I assume others have that same issue. Out of 686 reviews on Steam 659 of them are positive with only 27 negative (a number of which are because of the lack of players).

I really want to try out the full pvp multiplayer but so far have been unable to find a session with enough people to do so.

There is a DEMO you can download and try for free on the STEAM PAGE (I just went ahead and bought it without trying the demo).

I ask you to take a look, watch some videos on YouTube and if you feel its worth it, take a punt as I did...
    But most importantly, if you do like the game after trying/buying it...

spread the word!

For 15 bucks you wont be disappointed.

Attached Files
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Re: Running with Rifles

I think I got this with a Humble Bundle a while back. Have to check to make sure since it is on my games wishlist. :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've got it if anyone wants to play or pub raid some time. I'll agree with Finestyle, it's a barrel of fun for 15$. Very tactical, very short TTKs.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I'm going to start pronouncing it as "rawr" shorthand. :D

I was mistaken. Did not come with HB. Ended up picking it up. Early birthday game gift for myself. :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X