Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I see the greatest online gaming community is still strong as ever!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I see the greatest online gaming community is still strong as ever!

There are some who may know me and most of you probably don't but I thought I would drop a note in here and say "hello!" I was a part of this community for many years, enjoyed every moment I logged in and it's great to see this community doing so well! I was talking to my son the other day about the old days of gaming and some of the stories of the epic battles, communication and teamwork exhibited on these servers!! It got me thinking about my time in the 12th and feeling a bit nostalgic, so I decided I should swing by and see how things are going, see if there are any familiar faces/avatars still around. Much to my surprise there are more than I had anticipated!

Anyway, a tip of the hat to Apophis and all the grizzled vets and admins of Tactical Gamer that have made it what it was and still is!!
    sigpic

Re: Well I see the greatest online gaming community is still strong as ever!

Does this mean you are coming back Drizzy?

(Just say YES. You know you are itching to come back...besides we upgraded the kitchenette. There's a grill now, fresh bacon, chocolate cake...)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Unfortunately no.....Would I like to, absolutely! But time doesn't allow it and don't game much other than play with my son on Xbox every once in a while and a session of Diablo III. I was never very good when I was at TG so you couldn't imagine the horror I would be on a TG server!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
        time doesn't allow it
        Get your priorities in order, man! :p

As for the rest of your comment, you know that TG was never (and still isn't) about being good or even winning, but rather about a certain play style.

I've realized recently that I enjoy gaming and the community (and let's be honest, a lot of what we all know and love about TG is the community) enough that I'm spending a few thousand dollars on a proper gaming rig, accessories, and a nice chair and desk setup to put it all on...

Of course, you don't need to spend that kind of dosh to get back in to PC gaming...

Just tell yourself (your wife? lol) that your son needs a new computer "for school." ;)
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As much as things change they're still the same!! HAHA! Oh how I wish I could upgrade my dinosaur of a rig to today's gaming standards but that's not going to happen especially since the wife wants me to get rid of my relic, which coincidentally is better than her rig!! But I digress, my TG time expired a while ago but was great to see a lot of the same names from those days long ago!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
            Unfortunately no.....Would I like to, absolutely! But time doesn't allow it and don't game much other than play with my son on Xbox every once in a while and a session of Diablo III. I was never very good when I was at TG so you couldn't imagine the horror I would be on a TG server!
            Nah, don't say never. Lots have said "never" and eventually came back. I'm sure you could convince your wife of the benefits of you gaming (probably even get her to play too). As for good, meh, we were all terrible once long ago here at TG. And guess what? All the others here at TG helped each of us become better players (and in some cases terribly terrifying players).
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nice to see you out there, Drizz. There are a handful of the old folks still around hiding in little corners and such. 12th is still kicking it, though we're spread across a few titles.

For those of us that saw Battlefield 2 blow up like it did, it really felt like a unique thing. The combination of emerging broadband, graphics, good game design, VOIP and maybe even globalization combined to turn it into a... I don't know what ... cultural phenomenon?... anyway I don't think it will ever be replicated. There are good games and big games out there, but BF2 and especially at TG was pretty flippin awesome.

Keep on keepin on, Drizzid, and I hope you and your family are well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boot View Post
                Nice to see you out there, Drizz. There are a handful of the old folks still around hiding in little corners and such. 12th is still kicking it, though we're spread across a few titles.

For those of us that saw Battlefield 2 blow up like it did, it really felt like a unique thing. The combination of emerging broadband, graphics, good game design, VOIP and maybe even globalization combined to turn it into a... I don't know what ... cultural phenomenon?... anyway I don't think it will ever be replicated. There are good games and big games out there, but BF2 and especially at TG was pretty flippin awesome.

Yeah, what this guy said. Hi Drizz!

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                  Yeah, what this guy said. Hi Drizz!
                  Originally posted by Boot View Post

Boot AND UnDead!! Should've known you guys were still creeping around!! Whiskey and Mantis still lurking?

Yeah the BF2 days were the pinnacle of my gaming experience, probably led to my divorce to my ex-wife (thank goodness) and it was all because of TG!! Unfortunate that it may never be duplicated but I guess the fun is trying! Right?!

Tell the rest of the vet 12th I said hey!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X