Gaming Industry Best News Sources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Industry Best News Sources

What are your preferred sources (blogs, aggregators, ect) for breaking news and/or analysis in the video game sector?

I lost all my bookmarks in my transition to a new SSD . . .
    sigpic

Re: Gaming Industry Best News Sources

I used to frequent Gamespot here and there. IGN sometimes. But as bad as this sounds - Facebook. I find out about some games, announcements and stuff often through Facebook - either through friends, or pages of developers/franchises that I'm a fan of, or stuff that pops up in my feed. Sometimes I'll find out about something through a headline on the home page of my email provider. Or YouTube. Or an email from a game website I've either ordered from or joined.

All in all, it's usually the case of seeing something that strikes my curiosity, and then I fall down the rabbit hole and end up being led somewhere else. Kinda like falling into a Youtube loop........
    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

None of them.

The only one I follow is 4 Player Network, which has 4 Player Podcast. One of the longer running podcasts about video games at the moment. They are independent and do it for fun.
      Skud

Comment

Did a Google search and these came up at the top:

GamesIndustry.biz

Home - Gameindustry.com

Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games

News, events, research and jobs from the games industry | MCV

Business of Games Insights | Companies | Events | Jobs
        sigpic

Comment

Uh, I can't be the only one wondering who the heck most of those are? I know Gamasutra, but I don't think they're really popular.
          Skud

Comment

I am unfamiliar with all of them. They appeared in the top ten of Google results -- indicative of traffic I assume.
            sigpic

Comment

I watch reviews done by people on youtube and read tech reviews. I like listening to angryjoe and others.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Nothing can really beat the neogaf forum - it is like a fast moving aggregator for all the major breaking news, game releases and popular discussions.

Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF

For a more typical website environment and PC centric, Rock Paper Shotgun is definitely a good option.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - PC Game Reviews, Previews, Subjectivity |
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                  Nothing can really beat the neogaf forum - it is like a fast moving aggregator for all the major breaking news, game releases and popular discussions.

Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF

For a more typical website environment and PC centric, Rock Paper Shotgun is definitely a good option.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - PC Game Reviews, Previews, Subjectivity |

I bookmarked these after a brief look -- nice find -- thank you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X