Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Dfx is coming back!

Look guys! 3Dfx [Link]

Did anybody else get some major black-and-white(or sepia toned) flashbacks of a time when there was more than two major GPU manufacturers?

I had me a Voodoo back in the day. Don't ask me which one, I was young and barely knew what a GPU was(other than it was the reason for the pretty graphics on screen); plus it was second hand anyway. I do remember though it was the very first of my family's GPU cards to require extra power from the power supply using an extra cable. My dad couldn't figure that out for some reason so he handed it down to me! :row__587:

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: 3Dfx is coming back!

I think I still have my Voodoo 2 somewhere...

Holy cow! Did you see that spec sheet? 4096 bits of memory bandwidth...wow! Explains why memory clock is so low in comparison. Overclock is probably gonna be beastly! Typical 3DFX. :D

Those minimum framerates though. Jeez. I think I might have to put this baby on the top of my upgrade list...

Hopefully it won't be a GAC (graphics accelerator card) like the old Voodoos. I really don't want to use a DVI cross link cable or anything else. I want to replace my GTX670 with the Voodoo Reloaded and be done.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wait a sec, when was this published? This is a joke, right.

This looks like a similar configuration to the R9 390X and the 390X water cooler edition. Sadly, that being said, the 390X is going to without a doubt be much more expensive than Nvidia or 3DFX because of the claim that the 390X will be at least 40% better than the 290X... This may be a good thing for 3DFX, but to my knowledge, most of 3DFX was bought out by Nvidia, though if the actual brand owner wanted to get back into things they may have just done so.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I remember when you needed 2 ISA/PCI (v1.0) slots, one for the 1MB GPU and the other PCI slot for the pass through Righteous 3D card or later the Diamond Monster 3D 3dfx Voodoo1 4MB

Also when DVD players first came out for PC's you also had to use a dedicated PCI(v1.0)card hardware decoder(MPEG-2) for watching a DVD.

Righteous 3D

Diamond Monster 3D 3dfx Voodoo1 4MB

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Silly Voodoo 1 owner! Voodoo 2 was much MUCH better. :p
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Pfft.... 3Dfx.

Real gamers used one of these!!!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
              Pfft.... 3Dfx.

Real gamers used one of these!!!

Coming to a Circuit City brick and mortar near you! :D

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
              [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
              [support]

Comment

I remember my first Hercules Geforce 2 32 MB PCI card. Had just heard about this new technology called... AGP.

Then came my first Radeon. I got the 8500 All-In-Wonder.

Ah memories.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Had a Geforce 2 and a Geforce 4 (I think they called it an mxm). Man, that goes back...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I had a Geforce 4 MX 64MB PCI card, needless to say, it sucked because of the PCI bus was too slow. My cheap HP computer did not have a AGP slot. Gaming was terrible, but it got better when I upgraded to 192mb of ram.

Comment

AGP? Luxury!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed