Day of Defeat:Source By Month's End.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of Defeat:Source By Month's End.

Games Industry is reportring that the Source update for DoD will be available via Steam sometime before the end of the month.

http://gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=11319

Free to Silver or Better purchase levels, as well as to boxed set owners (like me-yay!). Everyone else can get it as a stand alone purchase.

Here's a nice touch: a week prior to the servers/purchase going live, you will be able to download the encrypted files to save time after purchase.

Re: Day of Defeat:Source By Month's End.

Shall we move this to General Discussion?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So moved. :)

Comment

I'm interested since I played the original when it was in its early version, but I found the gameplay too repetitive back then ala CS. Have they improved on that model any?

Comment

is TG gonna have sum DOD:S servers up?

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
          Delta MICS
          Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

FYI: I'm fortunate I purchased the Silver via Steam but boxed owners will NOT get the DOD:S free...

http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/sh...threadid=53038

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner
              FYI: I'm fortunate I purchased the Silver via Steam but boxed owners will NOT get the DOD:S free...

Hmmm, GameBiz isn't wrong often. Their source states that owners of the CounterStrike Source Box version get it too.

Comment

does valve develop DoD? ive never played it but it just seems abit steep to charge for a mod

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
                  does valve develop DoD? ive never played it but it just seems abit steep to charge for a mod
                  Yes, they bought it in after they picked up CounterStrike. I don't think it's too steep....I mean, BF2 is basically a revised Desert Combat! :icon_bigg

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Hmmm, GameBiz isn't wrong often. Their source states that owners of the CounterStrike Source Box version get it too.
                    I could be wrong about previous CS:S packages (and hope I am) but the CS:S box version that includes the game free is yet to be released:
                    - CS:S Multiplayerpackage: With this package, you will get CS:S, HL2DM and DoD:S. The final price isnt announced yet. Some onlinestores, like EBGames.com or Amazon.com has it listed for $39.95. A final release date isnt announced yet as well, both stores saying mid-september.

CS:S [email protected]
                    CS:S [email protected]
                    They did mention that owners of HL2 retail box version will likely get a siginificant discount in purchasing the DOD:S from steam.

Comment

I could be wrong about previous CS:S packages (and hope I am) but the CS:S box version that includes the game free is yet to be released:

They did mention that owners of HL2 retail box version will likely get a siginificant discount in purchasing the DOD:S from steam.
                      Ah, that explains it, then. They are going to nickel and dime us to death. Still, I'll take the discount.

Comment

DoD is probably the best WW2 mod ever done. ive played it a few times, and for what it is and how it runs its great. For a Mod to run off the original halflife engine and be that good i hope TG does pic it up for a few weeks.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

I used to play it alot to, I also think that Wofenstein Enemy Territory is the best War shooter, just because its free. Maybe TG should start a server.....
                          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Then screw it, I'll stick with.. basically every other game I play, and I'll get DOD:Source when it comes out on 360.

Comment

Ok, here is the weird thing; I go into Steam last night, try to preorder it, and all my options are "you have already purchased HL2 via steam". No seperate option for DoD.

Umm, don't they know I have a retail box? Or if they don't, don't tell them! :icon26:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X