Stardrive 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardrive 2

I would be cautious if you are planning on buying Stardrive 2. The game is fun, but until they fix the issue with the diplomacy with other factions, I would not recommend this game at this time. I have high rep with one of the factions, and they wanted me to give them fighter bay research and I would get nothing in return even when I try to ask for a research for an even exchange, and the faction goes to war over it?? The factions act like bullies and are just looking for an excuse to attack you for no reason (doesn't matter if you're army is higher than theirs). I never had an issue like that with other games where if I decline them a research project, they would flat out attack me over it. It is more along the lines of if I am pushing on their boundaries or if I go into their territory with an army then I get declare war. If you decline them money, trade routes, or research, they attack you.

Re: Stardrive 2

If you read the player reviews on Steam quite a few say that the game, in its current state, has next to no diplomacy. As for the game, I'm still rather upset that they gave up fixing bugs in Stardrive 1 to create this second generation of the game. That gives me bad vibe about the developer.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

stardrive 2 feels just like stardrive 1, just with a better graphic engine. the ground combat is way too basic to where i just do auto attack with them. I do enjoy the approach on the research though, it allowed me to play around with different routes of research to do. I always been buffing the heck out of my carriers. Fighters are very OP :D.

Comment

[MENTION=34379]Vitamin187[/MENTION] Would you compare the stardrive series to Galactic Civilizations? The Galactic Civilizations 3 beta is rolling along and seeing steady improvement.

Comment

Not sure, I haven't played or watched any vids for gal civ 3.

Comment

Star Drive 2 is great.

There has been a patch nearly every day since it went live, and Zero is a hell of a guy. What happened to star drive 1 was sad, but the reasons well explained. It's a master's of orion rebuild, with some added flavor and pretty colors.
            Murray

Comment

Just need the diplomacy worked on, and maybe some victory conditions. Right now I am playing the Kulrathi race (I like the layout of their ships) with a custom setup. Would also help if my scout ships had the option to withdraw instead of me getting into combat and waste time just to have them jump away..

Comment

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
                [MENTION=34379]Vitamin187[/MENTION] Would you compare the stardrive series to Galactic Civilizations? The Galactic Civilizations 3 beta is rolling along and seeing steady improvement.
                Yes Stardrive is similar in vein to GalCiv, but nowhere near as polished or refined. They are both grouped under the "4X Strategy" sub-genre. Then again, not many indie devs can be Stardock...
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

or this game :D (Also my desktop backround)
                  but this isnt a 4x lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X