Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground Branch Tech Preview available for download...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Branch Tech Preview available for download...

The Technical Preview for Ground Branch is up for download. Enter the amount of $0 to get it for free. Not much gameplay, but it is supposed to give people an idea of what Ground Branch is aiming for. If you choose you spend $15 or more you will buy into Early Access which will be done from their website. Eventually it will transition to Steam as it becomes more of a game. It will eventually patch into the full game.

GroundBranch.com - Official website » STORE

For those that were not following Ground Branch over the years, it is a realistic tactical shooter made by a former Red Storm/Rainbow 6 developer. A real tactical shooter which aims to have SP/co-op like the original R6/GR games. Certainly worth taking a look at.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Ground Branch Tech Preview available for download...

Thanks for posting this up @Magnum, I've been following Ground Branch for what seems like so long now and it's great to see the Dev Team moving towards a playable build. Really high hopes for Ground Branch and best wishes to the Devs in bringing this to fruition.

Comment

LOL, I find it funny that at Tactical Gamer, a stripper thread can get pages of replies, while only 1 reply for a potential great tactical shooter coming to us... support the game/company please. ;)

BUT...

After playing the tech demo and now the early access GB set... I'm loving what I see and looking forward to the future release... but seems like they might be making it more difficult then it really needs to be, sure I want all that realism... and I'm not talking about game difficulty, talking about design and feature list difficulty, but the feature list is too big and too deep... just give us a great tactical shooter just like the yester-year shooters, but improved in every way... not sure if I'm getting my thoughts across, oh well.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling R6 Siege is not going to be what us ol school tactical gamers want, oh sure we will buy it, play it, and enjoy it... but it's not going to be the tactical shooter we're wanting. I'm in hope that Ground Branch will, but I just hope they don't over do it... not sure how to properly compare my thoughts, but IE: ArmA3 is a awesome game... but really, they put so much crap into it... I really wonder how many people use all the "features".

oh well... I'm getting old and grumpy, here's hopeing for the best. ;)

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
        LOL, I find it funny that at Tactical Gamer, a stripper thread can get pages of replies, while only 1 reply for a potential great tactical shooter coming to us... support the game/company please. ;)
        To be fair that's an four year old thread with a recent up date.:)

I'm sure alot of TG are interested in the development of Ground Branch, I know I've been following it since the unsuccessful kickstarter in 2012.
        The experience with TakeDown https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er/description May have soured some to backing games via that platform. I know it has made me much more cautious, I'd be interested to see how the game shapes up for early access on ground branches own site, but personally I would like to see more gameplay videos and how the ai performs in a rudimentary way before laying down any money.

I thought the tech demo wasn't too bad, gives you a feeling of what the game is forming into.

Comment

I actually downloaded this but haven't had the willpower and time to install it yet. I'm sure quite a few of us are following this game (all of us here included) closely. Let's be honest though, they've suffered a few major setbacks in the past years (even before the failed Kickstarter campaign back on 2012) and at this point there might be something better when they do decide it's ready for release (example: Squad - from the makers of Project Reality).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The "Operator edition" was just updated and it's now supporting dedicated servers with server browser support. Played a few rounds, and while it's still a very rough alpha (we had to split the teams up into black and UCP to tell foe from friend - during another round the 2 teams spawned 20-25 meters from each other with line of sight), I'm feeling very optimistic about what it can become.

Comment

I echo what Squinty said. After TakeDown and the hype around it some of us feel like it was one burn too many. While interesting, I will see how it plays out before jumping on it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I, personally, think this game looks really awesome. Thanks for the update, Magnum; I am downloading the preview now.

I hope, to all that is holy in gaming, that this game is everything that we could hope for it to be (i.e. old-school Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, etc.). As you said, it would be awesome for for an old-school tactical first person shooter to make it to release with a big following. This appears to have a credible chance, so long as they listen to their community and implement/improve (valid) suggestions from them. I am REALLY eager for that to happen.
                "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X