No announcement yet.

TG RL Meet-up - Chicago, IL (USA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] TG RL Meet-up - Chicago, IL (USA)

Just a thought but who would be up for a RL (bar of course) TG meet-up in Chicago sometime in June maybe?

Posting this hear as a full spectrum TG social event (not just the BEST game . . . ArmA of course - lol) but all of the teams and titles.

I can work to hook us up with a venue (you're all paying for your own drinks . . . I gotta believe we're all drinkers) and set a day and time for the festivities.

Not sure how many are in the area, but I know some of us are.

Sound off if you'd be interested and we can take it from there.

I'd like to get a bead on some of the faces behind the NIC's out here.

Solo

PS - this is not a "sanctioned" event (yet). I may get my hand slapped for even suggesting it (wouldn't be the first time - I know it won't be the last). Maybe I'll end up working with the "social committee" if they're interested (and if we even have one), but I just thought it would be fun (so shoot me - oh, wait, probably not a good crowd to make that kind of statement . . . lol).

Re: TG RL Meet-up - Chicago, IL (USA)

As long as it is before June 20th, I am in.

Thanks for offering to pick up the tab.

That was really nice of you.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

As long as you're drinking water and eating "bar mix" . . . . it's all you buddy . . . . ;-)

Just waiting on some more responses.

Comment

Firewater.

But yeah.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Not firewater . . . Fireball . . . and we'll chase it with JD on the rocks . . . . :-)

Comment

I drink Scottish whisky.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

If you can pay for my flight to America, hotel, food, drink, and travel costs. Then yeah sure, I'll come :D

Comment

LOL . . Aimed . . . if I could do that I'd just travel around and visit all of you . . . . .hey, that sounds fun . . . we'll count you out . . . :-)

Comment

Next year, coming to Europe.... :)
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Aimed View Post
                    If you can pay for my flight to America, hotel, food, drink, and travel costs. Then yeah sure, I'll come :D
                    Come to the London one this summer with [MENTION=8737]viper1986[/MENTION]!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                      Come to the London one this summer with [MENTION=8737]viper1986[/MENTION]!?
                      If you can pay for my train to London, hotel, food, drink, hookers and travel costs. Then yeah sure, I'll come

Comment

Hey Jeepo . . . . I'll come to the summer one in London . . . . :-)

Comment

Hey I'm all up for a meet-up here in Chicago! The last few official ones were several states over (or on a coast) and I could not afford the plane or hotel fare. I've always wanted to meet other TGers in real life. :)

If I can get a week's notice, I can very likely make it (so I can request that whole day off).

What are doing for the meet? Besides the booze drinking... Is there a theme we want to aim for? How long of a event should this be? A single day or an entire weekend?

Oh an idea: Invite some keen members of our leadership, like [MENTION=1]Apophis[/MENTION], or [MENTION=14993]Damonte[/MENTION], or [MENTION=17094]Wicks[/MENTION]. Of course I don't think any of us could afford to pay for their expenses, but it's the thought that counts right?

Maybe [MENTION=23261]OldGunney[/MENTION] could come back up and join us too?
                          Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 05-07-2015, 03:25 PM.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Going to have to pass on this one, though Chicago isn't too far from Cincinnati. The Virginia/DC area might be more my style in a future time.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                              Going to have to pass on this one, though Chicago isn't too far from Cincinnati. The Virginia/DC area might be more my style in a future time.
                              :( Maybe Gunney might come up then. Can't think of anyone else who lives near us. Mad you know any other TGers who live in our fair city you could point to this thread?
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X