No announcement yet.

New Look at the Oculus Rift

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Look at the Oculus Rift

Oculus just published a blog article about the consumer version of the Rift. [Link]

It's got a few pictures of it, and they've announced that they are releasing in Q1 2016. I think it looks cool, and I might get one when it comes out if I've got the money then.

So who else is getting one?
    "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." -Man's Prayer Red Green Show
    "Quando omni flunkus moritati" -When all else fails, play dead. -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!]
    [Link to my Twitch!]

Re: New Look at the Oculus Rift

Kinda caught flatfooted between a Facebook product (complete with privacy/security concerns and flat out mistrust that the hardware is going to work because I remember "the facebook phone") and Valve (who have recently been in the process of trashing all their goodwill with me; paid mods, iffy eulas, looking through people's browser histories on cs:go to determine if they're hackers).

The world is a strange place.

Is it a waste of money at this point if I want the dev kit to just play around with whats out? :( looks so dang cool

Well, the Occulus Rift is pretty cool. I've used the dev kit 1 before.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

As long as FB doesn't track where I go with it . . . wink . . . then I might get one too.

Plus, TrackIR is working just fine for me at the moment.

Does anyone here need me to actually say I'll have at least one. LOL
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Will it support eyeglasses? If not, then I won't be interested in buying one.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed