World of Warships Cruiser and Destroyer Gameplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warships Cruiser and Destroyer Gameplay

So here is my Tier 4 cruiser and destroyer. My destroyer didn't do so great, but my cruiser did an awesome job, he even split the carrier in half with a torp salvo into his side (vid ending). So far I have been enjoying this game a lot, even though I am playing against AI players. Gonna wait until the game is open beta till I play against other players, maybe, well not sure. I do love blowing up the AI, and sometimes the ai is no joke...

Destroyer Gameplay -
    (lots of weaving in the waters to make sure i don't get hit by the battleship that was on my tail since his guns can kill me very easily)

Cruiser Gameplay -
    (Cruiser is outfitted with 10 152mm cannons, 6 torp launchers (3 on left, 3 on right), 10 AA guns, top speed of 35 knots, with 24k hps. This ship can take a good beating, the cannons can hit their mark at 13.7km away. If any ship gets too close, they have to worry about my main & 2ndary cannons (2ndary cannons fire automatically), and a salvo of torps. Also air units have a hard time flying near this ship since it can take them out very quickly (AA guns are automatic as well). Right now I am trying to get this ship the defensive fire ability to increase my AA fire by another 20%, need 3 more skill points to get it.

Last edited by Vitamin187; 05-09-2015, 10:34 AM.

Re: World of Warships Cruiser and Destroyer Gameplay

Oh, man! This looks like a lot of fun! Right up my alley! Need to check to see if my system can handle the game.

Comment

I cant wait to try this. Thanks for sharing this Vitamin !

|

Comment

Oh man...I so wish I could play this and had gotten an invite! You describing it over TS does it no justice lol...
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

don't really enjoy the battleships too much. they can hit targets from a very long range but most of the time, the shells never even hit their targets. plus it takes them forever to load new shells. if people do run with a battleship be sure you have a cruiser protecting you since they have the best aa cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
            but most of the time, the shells never even hit their targets.
            You need to run with different teammates. :P

I enjoy running BBs. I've been informed that it doesn't get good until the Kongo, and that the tier 3 and 4 Japanese BBs are crap, but I've had spectacular fun with Kawachi and Myogi. Nothing like popping a destroyer in a single volley. Just remember to never travel in a straight line for too long. Always zig-zag. And watch the destroyer captains pull their hair out, then explode. Cruisers of course, are just straight up outshot. Even the St. Louis, with its hilariously heavy armament for a tier 3 cruiser, gets dunked on by Kawachi.

That being said, having a cruiser and a destroyer travel with a battleship is exceptionally useful. (The cruiser for AA and to kill destroyers, the destroyer to lay smokescreen over the bigger ships and spot the enemy from outside it)

Running carriers and doing manual torp drops are awesomely fun as well. The only thing I find more satisfying than a perfect manual torpedo drop... is dodging a manual drop in a battleship.

We aught to team up some time, I'll make a habit of hanging out in the World of Tanks Commander's Channel until we get a WoWS channel. I encourage you and anyone else to do the same.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

So I am lovin the US Cruiser line. My next cruiser which is a tier 6, will get 47 aa guns. anyone want an air defense ship??

Comment

World of Warships Cruiser and Destroyer Gameplay

I just got in the game. I bought a Sim dest. Iwill get some screen time tomorrow.
                Last edited by Sarcoma; 05-19-2015, 11:18 PM.
                Sarcoma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X