Pandora Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandora Radio

This has probably been around for a while but thought I'd pass it along anyway:

www.pandora.com

It's a pretty decent internet radio that bases the songs it streams to you off songs that are like the ones you add to your station. There's more explanantion at the site of what's going on in the background but it basically boils down to catagorizing songs by tempo, orchestration, vocal tones, etc. and not by traditional labes. It's being pretty good to me right now--at least untill my 10 free hours are up :P

Edit: They have some obscure stuff... wow.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Pandora Radio

In related news, we've recently been enjoying in #tacticalgamer a shoutcast server that I set up for us to share our music with each other. With so many people in the channel, it's rather interesting to hear the different music we all listen to... many different genres. Someone simply plays music through their Winamp, and anyone listening to the stream hears it. It's fun.

Join #tacticalgamer to learn more.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Music Fans: Pandora / Music Genome Project

For anyone unfamiliar with the music genome project, it is essentially a project to establish a DNA of music - linking all forms, elements, and influences in music to one another.

I recently discovered a free (ad-based) front-end to the project that lets you interface with the database. You give it a starting point and the system starts building a streaming radio station under your guidance.

I've been using it for about a week and as a jazz fan have been very impressed - but have also built rock, alt, and folk stations. Give it a shot if you're a music fan.

http://www.pandora.com/

Comment

Re: Music Fans: Pandora / Music Genome Project

Upon absolute first look, they didn't have anything to link through Saprogenic or even Eucharist so I tried something mainstream- Opeth. It''s definitely there but I'm wondering of the underground of other genres, be them rock, electronica or even say rap are lacking in variety.

Then again, I can see how they might fail to add every single bnad in the world ever to this program, so IDK, I'll just stick with my 5,000 songs in my winamp playlist for now.

Comment

Woah, when'd AzzMan get banned?
          Ahh well... Wasn't a bit fan of his negativism anyway.

---

I've been using Pandora a lot recently as well. It's an excellent tool and a nice fun gadget as well.

AMosely, any Jazz artists you'd suggest?
          Right now the only real good album I've found is Michael Lington's 'Stay With Me'.

Thanks,
          ~Renagade
          AUHGHGHGABLABLAUGHGHAHAHAHAHA

?

Comment

Anyone like Blues? My wife is fanatical about Johnny Lang and I find his music quite enjoyable.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Pandora is really good at finding new jazz songs that I want to hear, although I can't get it to differentiate between small combos and big bands.

Comment

Discover New Songs: Pandora

I came across this website: www.pandora.com , So I type in a few bands I like (or songs), and right there it starts playing music on your own personal radio station by finding similar bands. Very cool. Completely free.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this now that I've used her for a while.

It's great to spend an hour rating songs and then to be able to sit back and enjoy song after song on a radio station that knows just what you want to hear. It's somewhat amazing... (There's a grammatical term that describes the phrase that I just used, but I can't remember it. I like using those types of phrases, anyway...)

Try Pandora. Spend at least two hours with her. You'll find yourself using no other streaming music stations...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Pandora is a great program even though it hates me :(

I can't get any genre stations to work properly but I have done well by dumping everything I liked into one station.

This is really a great program if you haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Pandora - free online radio

I just found this site: http://www.pandora.com
                      Like the title says, it is free online radio, but there's much more to it than that. Thanks to some sort of technology called the Music Genome Project, Pandora recognizes many different musical attributes in a song. This allows it select songs which are similar to songs or artist you have chosen. You chose these songs/artists by creating your own "stations", which you can rename and edit in various ways. You can approve/disapprove of songs when you hear them to alter how often they are played on that station, bookmark songs/artists you like, share music with other people, and there are many more features.

Check it out, you're very likely to find new music you like.
                      veh-JEET
                      No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Comment

Re: Pandora - free online radio

yep been around for a bit

there are some good apps around pandora. one that lets you launch it like a standalone app and another that will save the mp3's and rename the files with the song/artist. great app. pretty much all i use for music at work.
                        flux
                        [tg-c1]

Comment

Pandora is great.

Flux, where do you find those apps?
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            Flux, where do you find those apps?
                            I, too, have interest in those apps.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Where those apps at!? And do they require a pandora 'subscription?'

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X