Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10

So, I have the ability to reserve a free upgrade for windows 10. Should I do it? I'm afraid I don't know much about it, but I do know Windows 8 is the devil. Thoughts?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Windows 10

I've always thought that every 2nd version of Windows is good so 10 should be ok. I am planning to stay with my Win7.

Isn't the free upgrade available until launch, which gives us more time to look into the pros and cons of 10?
    Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

I'm Movin' on up..:icon29:

Comment

I am upgrading.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BrownCoat2000 View Post

Isn't the free upgrade available until launch, which gives us more time to look into the pros and cons of 10?
          It's available for the first year I think to anyone with win7/8/8.1

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

It's Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. If you're on old Windows 8, you need the 8.1 upgrade before you can get Windows 10.

It's a free copy of Windows, how could you pass that up? Other than the Metro UI Start menu, I don't think Windows 8 was particularly bad. Even that can be easily worked around with a Start application like Start8.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I enjoy 8.1 - it's easily as stable as 7 and who uses the start menu anyway? So much faster to just hit Windows key and type the name of the program you want than to go hunting through slide out menus. I've been doing that since 7, so I hardly noticed the change to the Metro Start menu.

I will be upgrading to 10 as soon as it releases.

Comment

by the way, windows 8.1 users should consider not using a start menu replacer if they are going to upgrade. Some bugs have appeared and weird errors have occurred on the test versions of 10.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

My friend has tested windows 10 and says that the UI looks sexier and the OS performs better than Windows 7 and 8. So, I'll definitely be upgrading.
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                  |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

details here blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10

Comment

8.1 is fantastic, and under the hood, it is faster than 7. I'm looking forward to 10 and I'm ready for it to release. I'm also a big fan of Start8.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        So, I have the ability to reserve a free upgrade for windows 10. Should I do it? I'm afraid I don't know much about it, but I do know Windows 8 is the devil. Thoughts?
                        I've been running the Windows 10 Technical Preview for months. It's fast, smooth and a good combination between 7 & 8.1.

The only issues I've had are due to me being in the "fast lane" for new builds as soon as they are released (some minor bugs but no deal breakers).

Windows 10 has run every program and game I've thrown at it and these are pre-release builds. So I'd recommend upgrading on July 29th when it releases.
                        |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

im upgrading!

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                            My friend has tested windows 10 and says that the UI looks sexier and the OS performs better than Windows 7 and 8. So, I'll definitely be upgrading.
                            I can confirm. Cortana is also the search bar.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                              by the way, windows 8.1 users should consider not using a start menu replacer if they are going to upgrade. Some bugs have appeared and weird errors have occurred on the test versions of 10.
                              I'm going to uninstall the Start8 app after I upgrade myself.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X