Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARK: Survival Evolved @ TG?

Save 17% on ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

I picked up this game because I am a fan of Rust/DayZ/Breaking Point games.

This game is hands down a lot of fun in its even basic current state, please check it out if you liked the games above.

They are having issues as it is in early access but the devs are on point and already have made huge improvements.
    __

If people already play it, do you know a private server I can join? The public ones are fun but has a lot of PVP, I would atleast like some PVE interactions!

Re: ARK: Survival Evolved @ TG?

How's performance on this? I heard it was a bit of a slideshow in terms of frame rate.

Comment

I got this recently and I love the concept, but the game is really really REALLY iffy right now. Alot of issues with AI movements and they have soooo many AI right now. Load times are another issue, but they push out so many patches daily. I got it 2 days after ARK came out and counted 7 patches. All totaling to around 400 mb. Since then they have patched something like 1.5gigs. I'm waiting another week before I go back and ill update any issues.

The leveling system is really nice though...so they have that going for them lol
      Victory through speed, smoke, and suppression. Ground Pounders lead the way!

Comment

16gb ram, i7 4790k, 970 gfx card and I get about 30fps-ish with low some medium settings. Better than launch day.. they will increase its performance as time goes

Comment

That's pretty close to my rig. I think I'll wait and see how the game shapes up. I was really interested until the part of the video where modern looking guns showed up. If I have to start in a world collecting rocks and other people with tons more free time can have machine guns I can't see the fun factor being very high...

Comment

Bought it. Spent an hour beating down a brontosaurus with slingshot and stones so it could be captured with Frosty and Murray. Definitely going to play again :)

Comment

Corp, Baron, Abel and I have a tribe going on a private server. I spent two hours today taming a stegosaurus. Then I tried to get him into our dinosaur paddock, and found out that the stego is TOO FAT to get through the dinosaur gates. So I had to spend the next hour farming wood to build an expansion AROUND the stego. Spike the Stegosaurus is now my glamour pet.

That being said, even with the giant framerate issues and wonky physics, its a massively fun game so far, and they're doing a great job with developing it. Hell, there has literally not been a single day this week that the devs havent put out AT LEAST one patch. I have high hopes for it and would love to see TG running our own server at some point when stability is a bit better.

Comment

I like some of the reviews for this game. I will be getting this game, but I will probably wait for a few more updates before I do...

Reviews -

Day 1: Killing Dodo's all goes well. Believe they may be conspiring against me though following my subdjugation of their Race.

Day 2: Have recruited 3 Dilo's to both carry my equipment and defend my honor. I have Dubbed them Melon, Cream and Kiwi.

Day 3: Kiwi has passed away and both Melon and Cream are inconsolable.

Day 4: I have been attacked by Dilos and both Melon and Cream died valiantly defending me.

Day 5: I am starving and I believe I am being tracked by some unseen predators.

Day 6: This will be my final entry. I am at the waters edge with nowhere to run and as far as the eye can see is a pack of Dodo's...they have come for blood and blood they shall have!

10/10 would attempt to exterminate Dodos again!

Review -

I never knew my child-hood nightmares of a t-rex busting through my house would ever come back to haunt me. 10/10 would soil myself again.

Review -

1. Woke up on a beach.
                2. Made some tools and a shack.
                3. Killed a dodo bird.
                4. Cooked dodo meat.
                5. Saw big turtle looking dinosaur.
                6. Made a spear to attack turtle dinosaur.
                7. Attacked turtle dinosaur.
                8. Died.
                9. Woke up on a beach.
                10. Found my stuff.
                11. Made more spears.
                12. Decided to attack turtle dino again with ranged weapons instead.
                13. Winning turtle fight!
                14. Wait... turtle is running towards the water.
                15. Chasing turtle into water!
                16. Almost caught up with turtle!
                17. Eaten by Megalodon.
                18. Woke up on a beach.

Comment

I just bought it today and only have 2 hours in but this is a heck of a lot of fun.

Comment

If anyone knows a good server I'm looking for a new place to play. The server I had been on turned into a warzone and I'm tired of getting my stuff stolen and wrecked everytime I log out :)

Comment

I'm on OfficialServer46, I believe...

I looked at some of the private servers, but considering the game is getting almost daily updates/patches; I'd rather be part of early access through official channels.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

A group of us were playing on an unofficial server, with a dying server population, so I think we are also looking for a new server. Anyone know how the character transfer works? Can we transfer from unofficial to official? Or vice-versa?
                        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I know that character transfer is disabled right now on the official servers, but it will come soon. I think going to the official servers will be a good choice for us.
                          Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

This game looks awesome; I can finally live out my Jurassic Park fantasies...

How does it stack-up compared to, lets say, DayZ SA? Or other survival oriented games?
                            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

never played DayZ - but what I like about this game vs. Rust for example, is that the enviroment (most the dinos) actually pose a real threat. If you don't pay attention you die, and quick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X