Site Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Site Issues

We had some issues with the site today, and I'm still not confident that it's been resolved. I have made some adjustments to both the web and database server and have temporarily disabled a number of plugins on the site. Most notably the SEO plugin (which may make some URLs linked in posts not work), Two-Factor Authentication, and a couple other little odds and ends.

I'm going to let things run as-is for a while and see how it goes while I continue to watch logs.....
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Site Issues

Update:

The problems have been resolved, and they did all relate to the Search Engine Optimization engine that was running on the site. As a result; the engine has been permanently disabled.

What does this mean? Basically; all the URLs on the site have changed. You should verify any links you have in your signature that point to TG specific pages and make sure they are updated/correct. If you're posting specific URLs on other sites, such as links to TG on the forums for Squad or any other game, you'll want to make sure those links are updated as well. This is specifically important for game officers and admins to note, as your sticky threads that point to rules/etc will need to be updated.

As you may or may not be aware, the most "valuable" traffic for the community comes from our members posting on other sites or on social media. While the natural traffic and exposure we get from search engines WILL return over the next 4-6 weeks, bad links always hurt.

Comment

Positive note:

I've had an interminable lag when negotiating our forums for months where i'd have to wait seconds from one page to another (can be a real drag when you spend as much time in the forums as I do). Now that lag is gone and page selection is almost instantaneous.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
        Positive note:

I've had an interminable lag when negotiating our forums for months where i'd have to wait seconds from one page to another (can be a real drag when you spend as much time in the forums as I do). Now that lag is gone and page selection is almost instantaneous.
        That was all the SEO engine. I saw a few other mentions in other threads about people commenting on how the site had been really slow for them, so I hope your improved experience is shared by others!

Comment

This might or might not be related. At least two of us are experiencing "insufficient permission" errors when we are browsing the forums.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I don't know if its related to SEO, but the "New Posts" function is not always showing all the new posts every time. Its very intermittent. I don't recall this happening before the SEO trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              This might or might not be related. At least two of us are experiencing "insufficient permission" errors when we are browsing the forums.

Had this a few times, I just wait a little, then mash refresh until the page pops up.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I've been getting that a lot lately. Thought maybe it only happens to non TG members!

Hit F5 to refresh gets it back.

Comment

I have always thought the latency in browser response was my own loyalty to firefox. Now I see that both firefox And the TG site were to blame.

Nice catch Apo.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

On our main Armed Assault page there is the sub-thread category for Mission Development. All the shortcut links on that page are broken. You can still navigate there by clicking on "Mission Development" and then on through to the different categories.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer
                    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                    189th Infantry Brigade Member
                    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                      On our main Armed Assault page there is the sub-thread category for Mission Development. All the shortcut links on that page are broken. You can still navigate there by clicking on "Mission Development" and then on through to the different categories.
                      I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I go to the page you linked, all the links on that page are working for me.

Comment

Try clearing your browser cache [MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION]. You might still have old URLs cached.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I go to the page you linked, all the links on that page are working for me.
                          If i can try and elaborate i believe what he is talking about is when you are on the Main Armed Assault Page at the top there is a list of the Sub Forums so CAA, SOP's, AAR etc. and Under the ArmA Development one there is a list of Smaller links underneath it, Mission Dev, Pathfinders and script bin and none of these links work they just take you back to the TG Forums home page.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| Connor View Post
                            If i can try and elaborate i believe what he is talking about is when you are on the Main Armed Assault Page at the top there is a list of the Sub Forums so CAA, SOP's, AAR etc. and Under the ArmA Development one there is a list of Smaller links underneath it, Mission Dev, Pathfinders and script bin and none of these links work they just take you back to the TG Forums home page.

Hope this helps
                            [MENTION=1]Apophis[/MENTION],

I think they mean these links:

I just clicked them myself and they don't work.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

[MENTION=1]Apophis[/MENTION],

I think they mean these links:

I just clicked them myself and they don't work.
                              Neither does your URL.. No permissions. :)

I found the broken links though, I'll get them fixed!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X