Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never knew XCOM has a mod like this, a full tweak to everything!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never knew XCOM has a mod like this, a full tweak to everything!!

A friend of mine on steam told me about this mod for XCOM: Enemy Within, I just recently finished the game and I am excited to play XCOM 2.

(the story line for it is kinda stupid, a friend told me that we lost the war and the planet is under alien domain which is wierd since i beat the game and killed off the aliens and stopped them too. He said the devs couldn't beat the game so that is the reason behind XCOM 2's start..)

How XCOM 2 got the story - Essentially, they said that they wanted Iron Man Impossible difficulty to be the rubric for how they went about crafting the story. Some of you may remember there being difficulty modifiers that made research progress slower. The Devs stated that humanity was never able to make it out of conventional ballistic firearms, hence the aliens being able to rough-road us; even with the ending of XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within.

I'll post a vid of the mod as well as the link to download if anyone wants to try it as well. The tutorial for this mod is i think 20 or more hours long (good luck with that lol), but here is the quick and dirty look of the mod -

http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/?

Re: Never knew XCOM has a mod like this, a full tweak to everything!!

Ooops. I've been playing Long War for some time now.

Jake Solomon himself says Long War is more of what XCOM should have been in the first place.

I'm glad you found it.

Comment

yea too bad it is not working like it suppose to. I need to turn off my anti-virus software, and turn off the sync save game with xcom, and put my account for steam offline if I want to play the mod. Also after the 1st mission it works fine, 2nd mission pops up i finish it and complete it and when you see the back end of the ranger aircraft flying, it just freezes there and game crashes. doesn't matter if i restart the whole mission or not. So right now i uninstalled xcom, and delete all folders that have xcom in them and gonna do a fresh install of the game and redownload the mod and reinstall it to see if that will fix it. so far it is being a pain to play now.

Comment

I've picked UK as my base of operations because of the +3 to aim for all my soldiers.

Comment

I started with the additional satellite uplink. I still had the xcom eu/ew mindset and thought they would still play a significant role early on. I've found its pretty easy to keep up in the satellite department and I would have preferred the extra aim. Long War sure does give you a lot to think about even in the base location with the number of different possible bonus'.

Sorry to hear its acting wonky. Mine installed fine and I've had no issues with it. I didn't have any mods installed before Long War.

Comment

that crash sounds like the one my friend gets when he trys to run it on Win XP. as for starting bonuses, i usually go with ether South Africa for the extra mobility (i cant stress how much high mobility maters), or one of the North American countrys to try and rush the continent bonus. maintaining air control slows down the alien research and stops me from having to deal with 25HP chrysalids on month 4.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X