Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's playing MGSV and what do you think of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's playing MGSV and what do you think of it?

So I've been playing Metal Gear Solid V:The Phantom Pain since launch. I have to say it's probably one of the best, most enjoyable games I've ever played honestly and is quite a leap forward in many areas.

Who else is playing and what do you think of it so far?

No Spoilers please people.😁

Re: Who's playing MGSV and what do you think of it?

Been playing it non-stop since launch. Its bloody incredible, absolutely in love with this game. So much to do and so fun running around. Absolutely gorgeous as well.

Also Quiet = OP, love her lol

Comment

It's so addictive. I'll be messing about doing side ops, trying different loadout, approaches, using all the tools I've got then "Oops its midnight, perhaps I'll do a story mission tomorrow then" lol.

I have it on PS4 at the moment, probably get it on PC too just so I can use the customisable sound tracks. Just want to call in air support with the John Cena music playing hahahahahaha

Comment

[MENTION=40568]Aimed[/MENTION]

How far in are you mate? I've only completed about 18% of the llstory so far as I'm really, really taking my time...obviously lol. I'm constantly doing side missions, sending my teams out on combat deployments, producing new weapons, free roaming to get resources etc.

So easy to get distracted and simply assaulting/infiltrating a random base in free mode is usually better than most games can manage with a scripted mission.

I think that's one of the most impressive things about the game, the fact that the emergent gameplay you encounter just running about is generally better than most scripted games can conjure up in a contrived scenario. The game is an anecdote generator. There have been so many moments, sequences of gameplay etc that I wished I had recorded but simply forgot as I was completely caught up in the moment, either laughing, sitting tensely on the edge of my seat or just marvelling at how all the games systems interact.

Do you do much 'messing about' when you're playing Aimed, like selecting different loadout and go full on A-Team with heavy armour and big ole guns?

Comment

Think I'm about 27% at the moment, I'm on the third mission in Africa. But I didn't do a story mission this weekend, just been doing side missions and free roaming with Quiet.

I bloody love her, she is so damn helpful. I had her set to cover me the other day on a mission as I was sneaking in, went to reload my tranq gun when a guy steps round the corner, it goes into reflex mode but I'm reloading so can't shoot, just thinking great, best get ready to fight. Then just see a green laser appear at his head and he just drops. Saved my arse and I just carried on sneaking about.

So many cool little moments in this game like that. Nothing is done badly in this game, its perfectly done in everyway.

Not much messing about, I love sneaking about. So only experimenting I've done is using different non-lethal weapons and trying to clear camps without firing a shot. Just CQC and Stun Arming everyone. Will try out some heavy weapons soon though.

Comment

Just today I had a body on my shoulder running full tilt down an alley trying to avoid line of sight of a patrol. I'm running out of time as they are rounding the corner and im about to get caught with my pants down as I'm out of pistol rounds. No way I'm going to be able to hide the body and switch to my primary and drop all of them. This is happening fast.

Then I spot an open window. Still sprinting I throw the unconscious body through the air and clean through the window. He didn't even smack his boots on the window sill. Spin round with my AR and pop, pop, pop, drop all of 'em with suppressed shots to the head. Spin round again and run into the building where a very confused Russian trooper has just woken up and give him a five hit CQB combo for the ko. Epic!!!

Comment

The key binds still don't feel right to me. Maybe I need to get a controller.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I'm using a controller (obviously, PS4) and it works really well as regards feel. You can get a wireless Xbox one or pick up a PS4 controller and use the mod drivers to map it.

Comment

I stood in line and called in sick the day MGS4 hit the shelves almost a decade ago, feel rather uneducated about this one to be honest.

I am going to download it tonight.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Go to the 3rd Floor of your medical strut if you have one built. There should be a door that opens, walk in and find the door with the button.

Comment

I'm sitting at 51% complete, but I have done an INSANE amount of the side ops.
                      About 10 side ops per story mission completed.

Mother Base at mostly 3/4 platforms built with 4/4 on Command and Development.
                      FOB at 2/4 on most platforms with 3/4 on Command and Development.

Quiet is REALLY useful when you first start getting to use her as a buddy, but things get tougher a lot quicker and her cracks start to show. (Pun intended)

I would strongly recommend that people not AVOID the story and try and "save" it as some special nugget of goodness. The side missions will always be there. I've learned (in one instance the hard way) that time progressing during the time you're playing has an impact on long-term objectives. I actually shifted more back to the story as a result to get to certain unlock points and then shift back to side missions.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Nice write up fellows. Not much of a sci fi gamer (is that what this is?) but your descriptions are compelling.

I had wondered where you had gotten off to Wicks. We miss you on patrol on Altis.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hey Grunt, I'll be back dropping Insurgents with you very soon, looking forward to it!

It's funny but MGSV does actually make me itch for an Arma session. The value of reconnaissance, planning your ingress and egress routes, selecting the appropriate gear for the job, clearing buildings, obtaining and sustaining maximum situational awareness etc, all incredibly important in MGSV translate directly to Arma. I actually find myself reminiscing about assaults in Arma while sizing up an objective in MGSV.

....and no, its actually set in the '80's, Afghanistan and Angola. Mostly "realistic' weapons with some 'future tech' poetic license that is canon for the franchise.

Comment

is there a multiplayer component or just SP with the story...which seems pretty damn compelling. I watched the trailer...it looked good.

Played Insurgency last night but we've been playing ALOT on server 1. B edited Enemy Assault so you fight as CSAT. Weapon loadouts are very different than NATO. Not a lot of optics and this has really increased teamwork as the people with range finders etc are key in identifying targets and ranges for the rest of the squad. Glad to hear we'll see you and I like how you described the way the two titles complement each other.

I'm looking at picking this title up for PC after I pick up another SSD
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X