Sicario Movie Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Sicario Movie Trailer

Looks really good, excellent cast and gritty action. Off to see this next week.

Re: Sicario Movie Trailer

Been looking forward to this one. Denis Villeneuve is definitely becoming a big hollywood director(especially with the upcoming blade runner sequel) and it is well deserved.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Anyone see it yet? Thoughts?
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
        Anyone see it yet? Thoughts?
        I've been wondering the same. Trailer looks good and has me interested, but I'm waiting until I hear some reviews.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Haven't seen this movie yet but the the trailer looks flat when compared to "Narcos". Do watch it on Netflix asap.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah but Narcos is a season long adventure, this is a movie. Two hours or so.

Narcos is a different approach. It is kind of like the wire, but with 1/10th the character development(because of the story is already told, not the writing)

I can't wait to see this movie.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Just saw it. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                Just saw it. Thoroughly enjoyed it
                Can you give us some more details as to why you liked it? (hopefully without spoiling the movie)
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah, I think at least a few of us are interested. No pressure. Haha

I just took a look at Rotten Tomatoes, consensus looks very good: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sicario_2015/

What with the cost of movies (and popcorn!) these days, it's pretty few and far between flicks that I will actually go to see in the theater. But this one, sounds like I might need to...
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sorry guys, been extremely busy. I don't really have time to write a good review so just going to copy/paste part of some reviews which I felt was accurate. Warning minor spoilers (not more than what is in trailer). One thing I felt was the pacing was a tad slow but reviews and my other friends were all fine with pacing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...rio_yesterday/
                    Short synopsis:
                    Sicario starts of with a successful F.B.I raid, which leads to Kate Macer (Emily Blunt) volunteering for a joint task force which objective is to take down a drug king pin.
                    Usually when I watch any kind of a movie I have the typical "these are actors doing actor things" thought in my head. I didn't have that thought this time. I bought every single one in their roles in this movie and that is a testament to how good of a director Denis Villeneuve is. The acting is simply flawless and everyone does a great job with their roles, especially Blunt as Kate, Benicio as Alejandro and Brolin as Matt which was more of a low key performance.
                    Second thing that sets this apart from a lot of movies: It doesn't attempt to do big things. The movie feels really grounded in reality and it creates tension and dread with it in a really successful way. There are multiple moments where you feel stressed and scared for the characters, the movie never makes it feel like what's going on is easy and a walk in the park.
                    Roger Deakins cinematography and Jóhann Jóhannssons score are something that I really don't think I have to say much about, they're known to be great and they're great in this one as well.
                    Another review that is a bit more spoilerish http://watchingbetweenthelines.com/2...-to-drug-wars/
                    The visuals and sound are quite simply astonishing. From the ominous, room-shaking rumble of the raid vehicles that start the film, to an aerial shot of the convoy in Juarez . You’d be hard pressed to find a more memorable individual cinematic moment in 2015 than a jawdropping shot of Delta Force soldiers dropping into a valley against the backdrop of the setting sun, darkness enveloping them. Even as situations devolve into chaos, Deakins maintains total clarity, the unblinking focus on the action heightening tension to levels even Hitchcock might admire. The soundtrack, by Theory of Everything composer Johann Johannsson, only adds to this effect, an unnerving, pulsing score that works in perfect harmony with the rest of the film’s tone and themes.

Comment

A pretty "dark" film that left you feeling how nasty and dirty things are on both sides of the law down there. Things were not wrapped up in pretty wrapping and a bow at the end of the film, certainly not uplifting. The war on drugs like war on terrorism drags on, so if you want to believe we are winning keep watching half hour comedy shows and don't go see this.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                        A pretty "dark" film that left you feeling how nasty and dirty things are on both sides of the law down there. Things were not wrapped up in pretty wrapping and a bow at the end of the film, certainly not uplifting. The war on drugs like war on terrorism drags on, so if you want to believe we are winning keep watching half hour comedy shows and don't go see this.
                        Sobering review Chief and it makes me want to see the movie that much more.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I can't stand half hour comedy shows.

Comment

I binge watched Narcos and I also have seen Cartel Town, a documentary about vigilantes on both side of the border. I am pretty much on cartel information overload, I feel the need for a shower and a joint (it's legal here).

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                              I binge watched Narcos and I also have seen Cartel Town, a documentary about vigilantes on both side of the border. I am pretty much on cartel information overload, I feel the need for a shower and a joint (it's legal here).
                              Narcos is a good show. I am anticipating season 2.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X