Android Development

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Development

I need a contact. Someone in the know about how to do things in either IntelliJ or Android Studio (or I suppose Eclipse).

I'm just diving headfirst in to Android Development, and I've got my arms (somewhat) around the coding and structure, but I've moved on to trying to get my arms around design. This, apparently, is an entirely different beast, and is not easy to understand.

Long story short, I need a contact who I can chat with regularly who knows how to use these platforms. I'm not looking for you to tell me how to write code, I just want to know how to do things within the platform that I can't figure out.

Do we have any Android developers here?

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Android Development

Android development in Eclipse isn't really supported anymore considering most devs were warned to move over to Android Studio about a year ago by Google and the Eclipse Team. I'd suggest watching some Google I/O and Google Developer videos on YouTube. Here's Google Developer videos on YouTube to help simplify your search.

Since this is your first time to coding and development in general, I suggest reading and watching through the tutorials on the official Android Developers page: http://developer.android.com/develop/index.html

And if you have questions, I'd highly suggest posting to the Google+ Android Developers' Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/...34372062985968

Welcome to the world of programming and Android development! :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah. I'm pretty much doing all of that.

I've been trying to use IntelliJ instead of Android Studio because I like the core IDE more than I do the murdered copy of it Android Studio is, but meh. I keep finding things I can do easier in Android Studio.

I appreciate your resources. :)

Mom
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

I use Android studio, but just know that having a recent android device for testing things on is ideal. If you have 4 or above, you are generally good for testing your apps on.

Word of advice, debugging on the VM is far from ideal as it doesn't allow for everything to show up, so try to find something to install the app on.

Curious, do you know how to deal with the SQL database used in Android?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X