Co-Op game play defined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Op game play defined

So, who's up for some cooperative game play? :)

Re: Co-Op game play defined

Yeah, except I don't play that way. And I try not to co-op with those types of peeps. (Ruins the game experience.)

The green guy would totally be me lol. :D
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I cant even find any good co-op games for my son and I. It was very annoying to find out Halo 5 did not have couch co-op. It seems everything is online co-op only these days.

Comment

Shane - Halo 4 (and below) / Fusion Frenzy / a bunch of the Knectic games (volleyball comes to mind) / I think Medal of Honor has one and I think Mass Effect (and remember I'm talking on step back on all of those). Shane, might be time for two "game rigs" for your and your son . . . all sorts of Multi-player if you run it that way . . . lol.

Noyava - Love the comic, and I gotta say "it takes all kinds". While I don't subscribe to that model (not a "TG" kind of thing - and certainly not my kind of thing) just remember we're all people, some driven by some things, others driven by other things, but in the end just peeps. And this space, as in TG, awesome team, group, and (tear comes to his eye) . . . . I love you guys!!!!. . . see you in game soon my friend.

Everyone - Hope you're all having an awesome week. As soon as RL will allow for moments free; look for me skulking about on the ArmA 3 servers here, running RECON on my own if no one else is on . . . . drop in, and let's "mission up".

Talk to you all soon,

Solo

Comment

To be clear, I wasn't advocating for this philosophy, but rather laughing at it. I love playing team games at TG because that attitude *isn't* a thing :)

I found this comic coming off a week of playing Co-op VerminTide with the general public and it really hit home how you can be apparently on the "same team" and yet somehow in competition in an hilarious way.

On the top of Coop games with kids - I've been playing a ton of Ark:Survival Evolved with mine. Not exactly a couch coop I suppose, but still highly recommended. Its loads of fun chasing dinosaurs, being chased by dinosaurs, etc, etc. :)

Comment

Lighten up people, I saw the humor in that cartoon. I saw it as poking fun at humans being human in a cooperative fashion, sort of. There were plenty of times while playing coop where I have had thoughts very similar to the cartoon and even acted on them because I have not reached perfection....Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              I cant even find any good co-op games for my son and I. It was very annoying to find out Halo 5 did not have couch co-op. It seems everything is online co-op only these days.
              LG, check out: http://www.co-optimus.com/

Probably the best resource currently if you're looking for a fun co-op game to play! Lots of great reviews with a focus on co-op playability. :)
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Portal 2 is my #1 coop game.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Thanks for the link Acreo, Think I might need to break down and get COD, (cringe). I havnt given them money since modern warfare 2 so I guess it wont hurt to bad ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Thanks for the link Acreo, Think I might need to break down and get COD, (cringe). I havnt given them money since modern warfare 2 so I guess it wont hurt to bad ;)
                    There are a lot of other cooperative shooters out there. It does not have to be CoD.

To name a few...
                    1. Tom Clancy's The Division is going to be cooperative (in that you can play with friends and it's a small group dynamic).
                    2. Far Cry 4 has a online co-op that lets you play through the story from where you left off (or your friend's spot).
                    3. Saints Row IV (and III) have 2-player co-op as well that lets you play with a friend through the story.
                    4. There are always co-op mods for older titles like: Doom 3 Co-Op, Half Life Co-Op, etc.
                    5. Just Cause 2's "Multiplayer Mod" has been adopted by the devs. Fairly sure you can play cooperatively with a friend through the story using that mod (and boy is the story good).
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X