Rainbow Six: Siege

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Six: Siege

Hello all. Just wondering if TG is planning to support/play the new Rainbow Six game?

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege

I cant speak for everyone but i have been enjoying all the betas for the game so far and plan on picking this game up on release.

Comment

Open beta starts today! Get it via the DRM loving Uplay

Comment

I am hovering over the download button (as I love the franchise) however early reports are pretty dire and I am concerned that my worst fears have been realised.

Advance warning, it gets a little salty on the language front here and there.

Can anyone who has tried it comment. One of my biggest personal concerns, aside from netcode and hard coded mouse acceleration etc, is weapon handling and damage. Ubisoft and its factories seem to have no idea how firearms work. Previous games like the Farcry series have some of the worst actual FPS gunplay of any triple A shooter type titles I have ever experienced. It's unwieldy, disconnected and non-nonsensical. It takes like 50 assault rifle rounds to kill someone in an Ubisoft title but maybe 2 from a suppressed pistol. Plus the ads feels like you've broken your arms, so clunky and clumsy. Is it any better in this iteration of R6 or have they buried the grand tradition of the franchise whilst taking a dump next to the headstone. Ubi, if you're watching, maybe worry less about pumping out seventeen Ass Creed Copy and Paste games a year with companion apps and actually make one decent game, just saying.

Comment

I have been playing the beta quite a bit these past 2 days and I can see what your coming from with weapons the accuaracy of the guns in my opinion is ridiculous the gun flings everywhere and it can be really hard to aim however I feel you die extremely fast to assault rifles and shotguns most of the time you die before you even realize your being shot at and can be a bit frustrating. A big problem for me right now is it is very hard for me to see enemy players escpecially if you looking into a room from the outside it is almost impossible to spot people in a room. Other than that I haven't encountered any major bugs or glitches and the game runs pretty smooth.

Comment

This doesn't look like Rainbow though. It kind of looks like COD?

Am I wrong in my tongue and cheek comparison?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Its not COD Dimi. It's Rainbow Six: CS:GO Edition.

The adversarial mode is clearly designed to be a team based competitor to CS:GO. Complete with region of the maps with clear names that show on screen, and regular big flashing updates of 5v5, 5v4, etc, etc. It is not even trying to be "realistic" or a simulation of any kind. If you approach the game KNOWING that, I think you might find some good fun there. If you come into it expecting the unforgiving, heart pounding near sim of old school R6... you'll just end up disappointed.

At least that was my impression from playing 15-20 hours during the first beta. The coop terrorist hunt mode was pretty good. I managed to get one evening of playing coop with Xorilliz and McCherbium and had a great time. I'll likely buy in for Coop mode down the line a bit. Still got lots of Fallout 4 to work through for the time being, and some good new Insurgency content I'm enjoying, and of course Arma still has a lot of fun in store.

Comment

I had so much fun in Terror hunt mode, that's what I'll mostly be playing. So I already bought a key and looking forward to some co-op terror hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                  Its not COD Dimi. It's Rainbow Six: CS:GO Edition.

The adversarial mode is clearly designed to be a team based competitor to CS:GO. Complete with region of the maps with clear names that show on screen, and regular big flashing updates of 5v5, 5v4, etc, etc. It is not even trying to be "realistic" or a simulation of any kind. If you approach the game KNOWING that, I think you might find some good fun there. If you come into it expecting the unforgiving, heart pounding near sim of old school R6... you'll just end up disappointed.

At least that was my impression from playing 15-20 hours during the first beta. The coop terrorist hunt mode was pretty good. I managed to get one evening of playing coop with Xorilliz and McCherbium and had a great time. I'll likely buy in for Coop mode down the line a bit. Still got lots of Fallout 4 to work through for the time being, and some good new Insurgency content I'm enjoying, and of course Arma still has a lot of fun in store.
                  Being 5v5 isn't enough to make it like CS. This game is nothing like it imo, as there is far more strategy, coordination, and skill involved in CS in comparison to Siege. I see where you're coming from in that Siege isn't remotely realistic though, but they haven't attempted to go down that path in a long time unfortunately.

Comment

I think it is pretty clear that the developers WANT their game to be an "e-sport" competitor (5v5, classes, weapon skins, ranks, etc.), and if they are being honest that means they want it to be CS:GO.

Comment

I am honestly turned off at this view, but the game is made to please the masses and not just me.

The further I get into life the more I appreciate strategic/tactical games vs Run and Gun.

I have not a bad thing to say about this Rainbow game, it just is not a potential experience that my heart is aiming for.

And besides, if I want run and gun, I'm a big fan of the "Zombies" mode of any game Treyarch makes. >.> I freely admit I buy the COD games just for zombies.

I worked at a Technical Support center for networking products back in '06. By that time I was a level 3 and the overnight manager. By 1 AM most of the support requests from the NOC were done and I would work with a few other guys to organize LAN gaming. Vegas was one of the games that came through our center with Gusto.

But thinking on it a bit, I wonder if 25 year old me would be interested in this version of Vegas as 34 year old me is just not fancied by what I see so far.

I'm old.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Looks like COD. 0/10 would not play.

Called it for being **** when the first trailer came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                          I think it is pretty clear that the developers WANT their game to be an "e-sport" competitor (5v5, classes, weapon skins, ranks, etc.), and if they are being honest that means they want it to be CS:GO.
                          The two games are night and day and world's apart in terms of gameplay mechanics. Absolutely, they're going a more esports route with Siege, but that doesn't mean they're trying to make it like CS. It's also apparent that their goal is more of a casual style e-sport that's accessible for everyone. Whereas games like DotA and CS:GO take a more hardcore approach to esport. The only thing the two have in common as far as gameplay is that both are geared towards 5v5 play. But, almost all esports oriented games are 5v5, from DotA to Unreal Tournament CTF and they're all different. So Siege can very well be e-sport oriented yet still remain unique from CS, which it is. Gameplay wise, Siege is more akin to CoD with the way the weapons handle, player movement, pace of combat, is all much closer to CoD than CS.

Comment

I Wasn't looking to start a religious war, (said while backing off warily toward the nearest exit), just pointing out that Siege clearly was meant to be an ESport shooter, and that CS:GO is the current raining champion of ESport shooters and was therefore the "target" for which they were aiming. CS:GO has hundreds of thousands of daily players, makes money by the buckets on micro-transaction, and is the dream of every gaming studio boardroom. I guarantee you EVERY multiplayer TvT game produced by a major studio in the last 5 years was pitched as "CS:GO+*something*", regardless of the veracity of that claim. That's all I meant by comparing them.

I certainly wasn't trying to debate the relative merits of the two (Lord knows I'd never intentionally speak ill of the behemoth that is CounterStrike, what with all it's fancy predictable recoil mechanics and bunny hopping. I get dizzy just thinking about taking that on...), but rather I wanted give people who hadn't played Siege an idea of, at least in my opinion, what appeared to be the driving focus of the game - ESport/spectator friendly game play. :)

Comment

After watching the video Wicks posted (Rainbow 6 Siege Rant 3.0), I got to say that it looks like a hot, terrible mess. I really hate it when a franchise that has an established MO, a game play style that has worked well for it in the past, decides that its time to re-vamp the series (read: make it more like the current top-selling casual FPS).

I had high hopes for this game.
                              What happened to tactical shooters?

EDIT: Probably best to treat this as its own stand-alone game; it just happens to be called Rainbow Six.

P.S. I used to love spending hours trying to coordinate missions in the original R6 games; if I lost someone, I'd stop the game and back to th drawing board (OCD style), but that appears to be over.
                              "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X