Discussion - Our Future and Plea to the Community

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Discussion - Our Future and Plea to the Community

This is the discussion thread for the latest announcement - "Tactical Gamer - Our Future and Plea to the Community"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Discussion - Our Future and Plea to the Community

As a supporting member who has managed to maintain this even during lengthy periods of unemployment, I will not and cannot imagine myself playing without this Band of Brothers at my side. This community has been a lifeline and I've even had a member trek from Australia to New York who took the time to stop by my home because of the relationships gaming with TG has created. I will post a donation today.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

For those who are reading this thread but haven't the announcement, it is linked here.

Thank you.

Comment

Renewing my subscription today. I let it lapse recently and haven't spent time getting it up to date. Will rectify that post haste.

What is our time line here boss?
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I've been a SM for 10 years, so I can't imagine not having TG to call home. It is so great having a place where I can game with friends I met right here and know that I will continue to make new ones as well. Even though I am unemployed (yes, that's why I'm playing more often) I'm sending a donation now.

I plan to make mention of this in-game today (BF4) to remind everyone of the need to step-up and support the community that is so important to so many. There isn't anywhere else quite like this, that provides and values the gameplay and maturity that we all want. A monetary donation is a small thing to ask when the game itself costs nothing once you consider the hundreds (or more!) of hours of entertainment it provides.

Here's a short-cut to the membership page, because you can't have too many.
          Last edited by Melee; 12-07-2015, 01:14 PM. Reason: added link
          |TG|Melee
          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

TG still has a lot to offer. Yesterday saw our first day of hosting a full time SQUAD server. Please consider renewing your SM or starting one if you've never had one to help support our efforts to bring you great games like SQUAD in a mature, teamwork orientated environment.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Great to see so many people who call this home, just as I do.

Been a TG guy for nearly 9 years, this is home - will donate tonight.
              Last edited by Jeepo; 12-07-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I haven't been playing much (if any) this year. I'm working on freeing up my evenings again, and TG has to be here when that happens.

Looks like its time to go Platinum.

Comment

Only been an SM for my recent 2 out of 6-ish years here. As said, this is the community I call home on our little nook of the internet. Will send donation.

Thanks again administration for all your work, as a member I truly appreciate it.
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                    Looks like its time to go Platinum.
                    Good idea. I think I'll join you.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have re-instated my platinum membership.

Like many of you, I am a lifer at TG and damn proud of it.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

A sad tale of foreboding:

I sadly watched as my former gaming groups dispersed over the years (CoFR and FoCA).

In our heyday (back at the turn of the century) we ran CS and DoD servers that were packed just about every evening. And like TG , we offered heavily moderated servers and were quick to punish offenders , which resulted in high quality game play.

Pleas , for the most part , for financial assistance to help support the servers went unanswered because the vast majority of players were of the opinion that they could play for free because the servers were readily available. They were unaware of the true cost of maintaining a "free to play on" server , which we were supporting out of our own pockets. Eventually , for economic reasons , we simply had to turn the servers off.

Without gaming servers to attract new members , the clubs gradually fell into decline until only a few of us dedicated members were left and kept in touch with each other.

So , if you don't want to see TG reduce services , possibly go the way of CoFR and FoCA and want to maintain the high quality game play that has become a TG "trade mark", please consider contributing as much as you think you can afford, Every little bit will help (the voice of experience).
                        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Other than a brief lapse in my subscription, I've been a SM since the first week I joined TG back in my BF2142 days. As you can see above me, quite a few of us have been SMs for years and years. So what's special that so many have continued to support the community? Why, it's the gameplay, members, atmosphere, common goals, and lots more! The way TG plays is what drew me to joining in the first place. Few servers and clans/communities out there offer the style, breadth, depth, experience, and fun that TG offers. From our focus on team tactics, squad work, in-game voice communications, and community members like [MENTION=8570]thegreatnardini[/MENTION], [MENTION=5303]TheBigC[/MENTION], [MENTION=11123]amu107.9[/MENTION], [MENTION=36161]Al Lunn[/MENTION], [MENTION=12199]Squinty[/MENTION], and others, we have become the premier community for mature gamers everywhere.

Join us. You won't regret a single moment. :)
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have made many friends through TG over the past decade. TG has stayed with me through many changes in life.

Thanks to you Aphophis for making this community and thanks to everyone that has volunteered their valuable time over the years.

I purchased the Squad deal six months ago, so I am a SM for another six months. PR relaunch didn't work out, and there are lots of reasons for that. Alright. We just started up with a new Squad server a few days ago. Awesome. Let's all get behind that and push it over the top.

However, there is a serious problem which I think is in the way of Squad going smoothly. There are lingering insecurities in the community about how the money is being used.

So, what I really want to suggest here, and ask for, is this: transparency.

Apophis, let us see the balance sheets I know you have in front of you right now.

Don't take this in any way other than a suggestion for what would help out the community. The more we know, the more we can help out. If there is good reason to not let us know, please say so.
                            Last edited by Paine; 12-07-2015, 08:34 PM.
                            Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

I have been a supporting member since 2009 and just re-upped. All that is provided by TG has huge costs involved but you can play here for free if you like. They are asking for donations to help keep the doors open just as they have for 20 years. I f you like what they offer then try to help if you can. If After all these years you can not trust that you are not getting scammed or taken for a ride then I don't know what to tell you. I don't need to see no stinkin' books!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X