Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

    We human beings tend to take things for granted and forget how important they are for us. That's one of the reasons certain days of the year are dedicated to invaluable people or events.

    Do you remember your first post? Was it something like: "Thank you TG !, for great teamplay experience last night..." Did you already forget the pubby nightmares?

    Tactical Gamer is our gaming heaven. Why not celebrate a day for its founders, admins and whole community? Lets show our gratitude and get closer as a big family.

    A simple "thank you TG" would be good enough but we can do more than that. A special gaming event, remembering the important things in TG history, suggestions for future activities, etc.

    Apophis, when was TG founded?

  • #2
    Re: for the new player

    Good idea John, what about bringing back an old game. What was the first game that was played at TG? We could bring it back for a weekend or two and get some folks together for some good old fun.
    Last edited by Turbo; 09-18-2005, 01:40 PM. Reason: not needed anymore

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

      TG started with Counter-Strike then Ghost Recon. That was years and years ago. It was already up and running before I had even joined for GR.

      I think there's a thread floating around with people talking about how they found TG.

      - It's who you game with.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

        Originally posted by =Sarc=
        TG started with Counter-Strike then Ghost Recon. That was years and years ago. It was already up and running before I had even joined for GR.

        I think there's a thread floating around with people talking about how they found TG.

        i found it by accedent by play bf 2.

        lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
        Delta MICS
        Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

          Originally posted by =Sarc=
          TG started with Counter-Strike then Ghost Recon. That was years and years ago. It was already up and running before I had even joined for GR.

          I think there's a thread floating around with people talking about how they found TG.
          Actually, it started with some Quake mod, I believe... I first joined when Apophis got PCS going, though.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

            PCS is something that Apophis started?
            If so than maybe that is why no one I ever talk to about PCS knows about it.


            |TG| rocks like ACDC used to!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

              Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Actually, it started with some Quake mod, I believe... I first joined when Apophis got PCS going, though.
              Wow, that's really old!

              - It's who you game with.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                Alot of the -=[dMw]=-ers seem to know |TG| as N42 and they are talking about CounterStrike.
                Good stuff though!!!

                We are playing on our servers TCS, CS:CZ. Now a fellow clan of us, also based in the UK is setting up a TCS, CS:CZ server aswell. The TCS or PCS, depends on how you want to call it, is spreading!!!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                  Can't beat that. Tactical play improves the game immensly. Hell, I don't think I'd be playing CSS online if it wasn't for TG.

                  Nice idea though John.

                  Thanks TG!

                  Oh, and DuVel, I do believe that TG came out of another community started by Apophis called Network 42. Thats probably why they call it N42.

                  |CS:S Dev Team|



                  root: I do it to
                  steve: OMG
                  steve: TOO
                  root: ****ing hell
                  root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

                  Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                    TG started as "XLII.COM" (roman numerals for 42) about 9 years ago. Or somewhere along those lines. I started hosting Quake 2 LMCTF servers. Much fun.

                    When HL came out I ran HL Team Deathmatch servers and quickly converted over to Counter-Strike as soon as the early betas came out. At that point the community was re-named to "Network 42 Professional Counter-Strike".

                    Several years later one of our members (Kunin) worked on new branding for the community and it was re-born as Tactical Gamer.

                    We've been around for a very very long time... We will continue to be around for a very very long time.. :-)
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                      Originally posted by Apophis
                      TG started as "XLII.COM" (roman numerals for 42) about 9 years ago. Or somewhere along those lines. I started hosting Quake 2 LMCTF servers. Much fun.

                      When HL came out I ran HL Team Deathmatch servers and quickly converted over to Counter-Strike as soon as the early betas came out. At that point the community was re-named to "Network 42 Professional Counter-Strike".

                      Several years later one of our members (Kunin) worked on new branding for the community and it was re-born as Tactical Gamer.

                      We've been around for a very very long time... We will continue to be around for a very very long time.. :-)
                      Did you coin the concept "PCS"?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                        Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                        Did you coin the concept "PCS"?
                        I wish I could remember.. It was such a long time ago. I probably just pulled it out of my rear.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                          That is really cool. I would have never though i'd be so associated with the supposed creator of PCS. I like the stly of gameplay so much that I have made a sort of NBA, MLB kind of logo for PCS as you can see in my avatar, and sig.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                            came across TG through CS:S hmmm how i do love PCS!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Tactical Gamer Day Celebration?

                              i was asking in the natural selection thread about where i could find a decent team-based community that i could play in.

                              "WYZCRAK" showed me this place and that's how i got here :)

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X