Paintball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball

I've heard some of you here play paintball, and I just wanted to start a discussion on it. Today I went out and played paintball for the first time in around 6 months, and it was an absolute blast.

I played for about 4 hours at a field 10 minutes away from me, and it was great. I had 12 of my friends come with me, and we all played together. Most of us rented guns and bought paint, but I ended up buying an additional 1500 paintballs for us all to use. We played a variety of courses, going from full woods ball, to a woods/speedball course to a straight speedball course. I actually turned out to be one of the top players, right behind my two friends who play regularly and have their own guns and paint. When the last game of the day was won, I had a roughly 2:1 kill death ratio. I played against 4 marines, and got hit by one from about 10 feet in the butt (I was flanked while suppressing one of his teammates, teammates didn't watch my back...) because I didn't hear him yell surrender, and started to turn to the other side of the bunker and look around. One of the marines was playing for his first time, and he was the only one I could take out, the other 3 had all played alot, and one of them was playing SHIRTLESS with pro equipment. He was amazing, thankfully of the 2 times I played the marines he was on my team once. We played speedball the most, and went between 1v1 and 3v3. All in all, it was the most fun I've had in awhile.

Actually, I liked it so much I decided to buy a gun. One of my friends used to play alot, but doesn't anymore and has a pretty good gun. Well, atleast I think it's a pretty good gun, (It's a Black Dragun I think, cost him $150 new) it has an electric trigger and an auto feed hopper. So tonight I decided to call him and ask him if he'd be willing to sell it to me. I offered him $50 for the gun and a mask, he said he would think it over. Later in the night he called me and offered me two masks, the hopper , 3 Co2 tanks, and the gun for only $70. The hopper alone cost him $70, so I think I'm getting a pretty good deal. I'm supposed to go to his house tomorrow and check it all out, I'm pretty sure I'll buy it though. Is there anything I should look for in the gun that is a sign of trouble? Also, is this a pretty good paintball for just recreational play? I'm looking for a good paintball that I can buy in 2000ct for around $45 or less. I saw some Diablo paintballs that were about $10 more, but I'm not to sure on what brands are good quality paintballs.

Well, mull, discuss, and share any stories you have.

Re: Paintball

wanna purchase another gun....if so i got just the one....

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56749

ill give you a good deal on it...let me know
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

This way is just alot easier for me. The guy is an old friend, and he lives just down the street. I don't need two markers right now anyways, depending on how much I play though, you never know... But, alas with all the stuff I'm getting it's alot better deal for me to get this.

Comment

Been playing off and on for the last 7 years and almost every weekend for the past 5. Great game, you find a lot of decent paint in that price range, I have never been to happy with Draxxxus's middle brand but a lot of people like it. I use Kicken and PMI mostly. PMI high end paint is IMHO the best.

Az
        [age-c1][command]

Comment

I've been playing for 4 years. Last 2 years i've been competitive and joined a bunch of tournies. I play atleast once a week cus i dont have to pay full price for paint cus of sponsership which is real nice. My gun, Lasoya Intimidator, put be down $800, my hopper,Reloader B, another 130, than my mask, HPA system, jersey, etc all put me down another couple 100. Also the best paint is Evil tourny paint. I never get to use it anymore cus of sponsership, but its the best imo.
          E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

Originally posted by TheMuncher
            "playing SHIRTLESS with pro equipment."
            he he, you will soon learn that its not the people with pro equipment that you should be scared of, its the people who can get you with one or two shots. That's a good marker you are getting, main thing is to target practice to get the feel for the marker, then you will be getting the eliminations. Its not fire power but accuracy, all it takes is one paintball and your out, not 10 or 20.

Be afraid of the player who goes into the game with 40 balls and a Pump Marker.

Comment

I play walk on w/ a pump. But in tourneys i play mid so i need to lay down a steady line of paint some times, hence the gun that can shoot 27bps. Kinda sucks tho, cus leagues are making a rule where u cap at 15 bps but u can ramp to it. Which is like full auto but u have to shoot the 1st 3 shots. pull the trigger three times than hold it down. Makes it a lot easier to run and gun, but marker skills arent as important now.

EDIT: paintball dont hurt that much after a while, u get used to it. Just kinda stings if u get bunkered by a guy ramping at 15bps, get a "few" welts
              E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

It wasn't the equipment I was talking about, it was the shirtless thing, I know it doesn't hurt that bad, but still that would be to much for me. Also, here's that paint I found http://www.paintball-discounters.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1332&p_catid=270&sid=5bW2dL1 FZJhzDx8-22105536466.5d

Comment

Cant see the link, what is it called? its not that bad, never went with more than my jersey and shorts against people carrying 20 times as much paint, and can shoot more than 16 balls per second at your unprotected self, just got to tell your self that its just pain, then you can do anything.

Comment

I play rec ball on and off during the summer with a Smart Parts Impulse Turbo with a 4000psi nitrogen tank. The gun is a lot of fun but heavy compared to newer guns. I have a small problem with it breaking balls left and right, I probably need a faster hopper. Always fun playing, haven't really played in any tournaments but Skirmish is just two hours from my house so I can play some good scenario games.

Comment

i play occasionally. i'd like to play all the time, but it's hard to get my friends to go because of the cost.
                      Nox
                      Formerly 22ndRRR and |TG-7th|

Comment

I've been playing for 15 years. I founded a scenario team called Caltrop Guerrillas that currently plays in So. California.

Turbo- I just flew back to Pennsylvania for a pump only game at EMR. It rained and we came close to driving down to Skirmish. Also, if you want to pm me your set up specs I can tell you if it is your hopper or not that is chopping paint.

Lt. Snow - Pump play is the truest form of paintball IMHO. YOu might already frequent them but the two best pump websites in my opinion are Mcarterbrown and Stockclasspaintball. Although, Mcarterbrown is down for maintenance right now. Here is a pic and a link to my latest "pump" gun. It is actually a lever action. Lever action link

"Barnabas"

Muncher - in response to your questions. Any gun IMO is good for a first gun. Well, I don't advocate high end electros but that is for another discussion. It sounds as though you are getting a good deal from your friend. Even though they are pump gun forums the above forums I provided links for are among the best people in the sport you will find. Very friendly and helpfull.
                        What kind of hopper are you getting with the gun?
                        As far as looking for any problems... if you can field strip the gun....look for pock marks (divots) on the bolt, make sure there is plenty of lube, no rust...but to be honest for $70 for the package you are getting I wouldn't worry too much about it. What kind of mask are you getting?

That's it for now. Any other questions..pm me...email me...heck you can call me on my cell (provided via pm's or email though).

Jeremiah
                        "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I'm going to try and get a slightly longer barrel, and a sanded trigger, and then I'll be set for awhile. The hopper I got is a ViewLoader Revolution Auto-Feeding hopper. I have an idea of how to strip the gun, but I'm not to sure, and I have a friend at school who's been playing for a few years and is going to look it over tomorrow when I bring it. The gauge on the side seems to be shot, as it displays no difference between a tank and none, always staying in the green. As for the link, I'm used to a wtcBB forum board where the url links are slightly different, so it doesn't work, but here it is: Wrek Paintballs

Comment

Is that a palmerized KP3?! A hurricane?

Az
                            [age-c1][command]

Comment

Thanks for the offer Pickle but I really dont know what all is done to the gun. The insides have all been replaced by the Wannaplay paintball and I really dont know what they did but it sure did cost a pretty penny. The probably didn't do anything. The hopper that I have is the same hopper that Muncher has their. It is not fast enough for the impulse so I think that may be contributing to my chopping.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X