Hello [TG]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello [TG]

I'm sure the BF4 regulars are used to seeing me around by now, but I thought I would officially introduce myself here. Tactical Gamer has become my favorite place to play because I can rely on people having comms and actually working as a squad. Bought the squad alpha and hope to give them a shot, but I have no idea what the heck I'm doing in there. Also threw my name in for RB6 siege and armored warfare. Also have arma III but never played it much because the pub games were so terrible. Maybe I'll give that a shot with you guys as well.

Anyhow about me- I live in Chicagoland. Mostly play tactical FPS online with an occasional bout of WOT, LOL, AW, or MWO. Though I generally dont keep up with the f2p games due to high ongoing costs. I'm an animator. You might know my work from NFL Blitz, Mortal Kombat, and Tribes 2. Into kendo and board games as well.

Anyhow, see you guys around.

Re: Hello [TG]

Welcome! glad that you have enjoyed your stay here. Come on over to TG Arma and give us a try, more than happy to get you started.

Comment

Welcome aboard. You couldn't pick two fps type games with a greater difference in play style than BF4 and ARMA so be ready for that. You could probably play a full round of BF4 in the time we devote to squad lay out and load out in ARMA. I played BF4 exclusively for a year when it was released but I'm back to my first love on the ARMA servers these days. Miss my BF4 buds though and wish we'd see more of them on the ARMA side. But as I said it's not for everyone but one thing is universal at TG regardless of title and that is the communication and teamwork at just about every level.

Tuesdays we run TacticalTuesday with semi organized game play every week. You'll find assorted peeps on just about any day of the week and we also run special events (typically monthly) on the ARMA servers that usually require a sign up in advance and a detailed mission plan and role assignment
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
        I'm an animator. You might know my work from NFL Blitz
        Like THE NFL Blitz? From back on Dreamcast and Playstation days, NFL Blitz?

I played that game with my neighbor and our friends nonstop for an entire semester during '98

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
          Like THE NFL Blitz? From back on Dreamcast and Playstation days, NFL Blitz?

I played that game with my neighbor and our friends nonstop for an entire semester during '98
          I started working on the series on ps2\xbox 1 in 2000 from there up through the Blitz: The League II. So a couple years after your stint with it.

Comment

Well done.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Welcome to TG. I suppose we should probably get this out of the way, but what do you like to be called? And no, I am not calling you honey. ;)

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                Welcome to TG. I suppose we should probably get this out of the way, but what do you like to be called? And no, I am not calling you honey. ;)
                Sweetie? Schnookums? ;)

Most people call me "Rules" on teamspeak.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Do you do any animating in your off time? What is your preferred program for doing your animations?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    Welcome to the forums! Do you do any animating in your off time? What is your preferred program for doing your animations?
                    I mostly work with a program called motionbuilder. Motion capture is my speciality. If you've seen any of those "make of" movie clips with the actors wearing little silver balls all over them, that's what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
                      I mostly work with a program called motionbuilder. Motion capture is my speciality. If you've seen any of those "make of" movie clips with the actors wearing little silver balls all over them, that's what I do.
                      I saw videos of Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson doing just that in one of the Star Citizen features a few weeks ago. Neat stuff.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Welcome to TG! If you do any Flight Simming stop by the DCS section too :)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Welcome aboard, Lawyer. Hopefully BF4 doesn't lose you to ARMA.
                          |TG|Melee
                          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                            Welcome aboard, Lawyer. Hopefully BF4 doesn't lose you to ARMA.
                            You pay Melee no mind. Come right this way, sir. :D

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Good to meet you Rules!

I like you already, or rather, I like the abstract concept your name reminds me of.

I have played with TG ArmA off and on for years. Solid bunch of guys.
                              (Not that the BF guys are not great too, I just have not played with them.)

If you are looking for a new game to try that has the teamwork of BF4 but on a massive scale, jump into [TG] planetside 2. It's a free game, so you can easily back out.
                              Otherwise, hope to see you in ArmA some time. :)

Garthra
                              The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X