XCOM 2: This game is fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XCOM 2: This game is fun

I never really have gotten into turn based strategy games, mostly because the really true gems in that genre are so far apart.

BUT I picked up XCOM 2 on a whim never playing its predecessor and thinking of it as an alien version of DoorKickers, which is great pickup for anyone who has not yet. It has been fun and a struggle, missions that make me cry that I lost my Captain and 3 of my other troops due to my poor decision making. Gone poof! But yea, I picked up my steam copy from g2a using (Enter X) twitch streamers code and saved a few bucks. Worth it guys!

http://gfycat.com/UnitedForthrightDassierat

Re: XCOM 2: This game is fun

How does it compare to the last one? I remember feeling like the RNG was a little unfair at times previously and movement when you didn't have enemies in sight a little tedious. Do people auto cover?

Comment

Re: XCOM 2: This game is fun

I never played the first but there are moments where you are 3 feet away with a 80% chance to hit and miss. That goes on quite a bit. It is rough starting out and I did not have enough time to get attached to any of my squad mates. Now that I have geared and customized them since I have gathered better gear, researched, and just understand what is going on I am attached. When someone dies it sucks and feelsbadman, but you push on and if you want can visit the picture memorial of your fallen mate at the bar on the ship and leave a note. Game is fun.

It is a race against a clock as the enemy win condition is to get their project finished. It is easy to roll back the timer but can get stressful with events.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X