Wargame Red Dragon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wargame Red Dragon

So I know a bunch of TGers used to play EE and ALB, myself included.

Even though ive been owning Red Dragon since release, i recently started playing again and was wondering if any of you guys still play it? See who'd be willing to team up for a few rounds.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: Wargame Red Dragon

I own it, but I haven't played it enough to have even fought a battle (vs. AI) without getting ANNIHILATED. I also do not have the patience to watch some 12+ hours of YouTube tutorial videos :row__587:

However, I love how the game looks, and it seems to have solid game play from what I have seen. I really want to get good at it and have been kind of waiting on finding someone that could teach me some of the basic mechanics.

Would you mind?

Come to think of it, I had the same problem with Men of War: Assault Squad...I love RTS games, but I haven't been able to get into one other then Attila in a long while.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

The AI in Wargame is extremely elementary; They receive far more income than you, and in EE/ALB (supposedly not RD, but that's not my experience) it's equipped with magical vision, so it's no surprise that you've had issues with it. If you use a deck that complements your partners, you should be able to win the majority of the games in player vs player lobbies, without studying for hours (although I assume by now, the remaining player base will be communicating far better than they did at launch).

I spent far more time with EE and ALB than I care to admit, but I don't think I've even clocked 20 hours with ALB for some reason. I've still got it installed though, so if you need an extra player feel free to hit me up.

Comment

[MENTION=104897]Pale Horseman[/MENTION] when are you normally free? I'd be delighted to show you the ropes.

Just in case we can't connect, here's a short-ish, concise guide that touches on a lot of the intricacies of Red Dragon's gameplay and units.

Here's the much lengthier guide for new or very inexperienced players that is much less dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Pale Horseman View Post
          I own it, but I haven't played it enough to have even fought a battle (vs. AI) without getting ANNIHILATED. I also do not have the patience to watch some 12+ hours of YouTube tutorial videos :row__587:

However, I love how the game looks, and it seems to have solid game play from what I have seen. I really want to get good at it and have been kind of waiting on finding someone that could teach me some of the basic mechanics.

Would you mind?

Come to think of it, I had the same problem with Men of War: Assault Squad...I love RTS games, but I haven't been able to get into one other then Attila in a long while.
          [MENTION=104897]Pale Horseman[/MENTION]
          I don't consider myself a really good player. I have learned the weakness and strengths of my current deck. But I'm not good enough at the game's meta to know any single counters.

But if you want to play a couple rounds sure, i will be more than happy if i can help you out with the bit of knowledge i have.

So for those of you that are interested shoot me a friend request, I'll try to squeeze some game time this week.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xm4st3r

[MENTION=12459]mat552[/MENTION] I will have a look into these guides.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

http://steamcommunity.com/id/straitraider

Ping me if you're playing. I've apparently racked up 60 hours of play, but I think a lot of that was idle time.

I have been extremely impressed with Red Dragon and wouldn't mind helping out some new players.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I was all over ALB since the beta, stopped playing for a while. After losing my game with it somewhat I found Red Dragon to be a bit of a handful given the increased amount of units you can command.

However, if people are keen I could do with a fix of good RTS :)

Steam ID:

Soviet Sandwhich
              To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Comment

[MENTION=25799]Xmaster[/MENTION] i'll hit u up some time :)

|

Comment

So I should have some free time later today (1900+ EST) If anyone wants to team up for some rounds.

[MENTION=21321]Warlab[/MENTION] Sounds good mate. This ought to be fun.

The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Jyden View Post
                    and in EE/ALB (supposedly not RD, but that's not my experience) it's equipped with magical vision.
                    Yeah. It at the very least has an algorithm to know how to zero down hidden units.

===

I play it now, caught it on a sale and love it. I've been solo campaigning until I can figure out a deck I like. Would love to play with others.

Comment

I have been playing RD a lot. I play only multiplayer and enjoy it a lot.
                      TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Sorry guys, real life is keeping me pretty busy lately. Might try to squeeze in some game time during the weekend in-between studies. Let me know here if and when you want to play.

X out.

The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                          Sorry guys, real life is keeping me pretty busy lately....
                          Same. Between trying to not waste my current War Thunder premium, work , school, and that damn pesky "sleep" that they keep telling me that I need I cannot seem to get around to playing this game.

Hopefully, I'll have some free time this Thursday (almost all day, I think) to play if anyone is interested.
                          "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X