Check in if you're from Chicago.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check in if you're from Chicago.

I was born in the city and my dad moved us out to the burbs in '84. Been a Chicagolander since.

I know [MENTION=60782]Solo[/MENTION], [MENTION=137573]TheRulesLawyer[/MENTION], and Acreo are flatlanders too.

Say hello if you're close enough to see the Windy City.

I work out of an office in the LOOP but I have clients all over from Lake Forest up north to Aurora in the west, to New Lennox in the south.

Maybe we get together sometime, TG style, have a drink and do some inter-platform networking. Who knows, maybe I can convince some of you to join us in Arma, maybe you can convince me to check out another title.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Check in if you're from Chicago.

Yup, I'm from Chi-raq. Well, the burb's technically, but I work in the city as well.

Comment

Wheaton way . . . . All over getting together someday soon Dimi - probably in the city mid April and the last week of April (traveling otherwise). Would love to get together with you guys soon.

Solo

Comment

I'm in Westmont. I ride the BNSF! Solo, yeah, we really need to nail down a time here soon. Get everyone on board. All three of us, lol.

[MENTION=137573]TheRulesLawyer[/MENTION] where are you out of?

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
          I'm in Westmont. I ride the BNSF! Solo, yeah, we really need to nail down a time here soon. Get everyone on board. All three of us, lol.

[MENTION=137573]TheRulesLawyer[/MENTION] where are you out of?
          Des Plaines, so NW side.

Comment

Nop, but if I was there, a definite yep.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

With those three loc's . . . . We have a good place in common . . . downtown.

The next time I'm here (seems odd to say given that I LIVE here) . . . is the weekend of the 16th of April.

I'll PM you guys some ideas of where.

Solo

Comment

You guys don't have real pizza with your goofy marinara bread bowls

Comment

Funny, just happened to see this post... yeah I'm from Chicago, far north side but in the city.
                  Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                    Whatever you call it, its delicious. There is a Chicago style thin crust as well, but I'm not really a fan. Especially the weird little squares they cut it into here.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                      Dude... watch your mouth.

Those are fighting words.

Deep Dish is great pizza. If not the best.

And what gives people the right to think they can put pineapple on pizza?

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
                        Whatever you call it, its delicious. There is a Chicago style thin crust as well, but I'm not really a fan. Especially the weird little squares they cut it into here.
                        That's imitation Pizza.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Pan: Pequods and once in a while Lou Malnati's
                          Thin: Jimmy's Pizza Cafe (although it's NY style but legit)
                          Thin: Martino's (Chicago style thin, not my fav but good once in a while, oh and ask for "pie cut", not a fan of the squares)
                          Neapolitan style: Spacca Napoli (really good when in the mood for the "real" thing)
                          Home/Gaming PC: I7-6[email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I don't know, I can't stand deep dish. Feels like I'm eating a loaf of bread that accidentally got marina on it. There was a place I saw an Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that made it into a literal bread bowl, they make a loaf, scoop out the top and insides and fill it to the brim with everything a pizza usually has on it

Comment

Okay...Bostonian here but I'm in Chicago every other year for my company's annual meeting. This year we are in Vegas. Next year we'll be in Chi town.

My colleagues have taken a liking to the Purple Pig. I bet you guys working downtown know it. It's a bit faddish for my taste and always a line so a place I try to stay away from. I did have a very interesting meal there once that featured pork bellies and head cheese.

Love Chicago. Reminds me of Boston, but on steroids.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed